Avast free VPN: efficient way to use VPN free in 2019
You still think that VPNs are used to provide confidentiality only?
Well… not a bit like this!
You may believe it or not but the advantages of a Virtual Private Network go beyond the scope of the security issues.
Here are some examples of what you can do with VPNs:
- access media platforms without blocking or speed limits;
- play online games without speed reduction;
- stream foreign TV channels free;
- avoid eavesdropping;
- make purchases abroad;
- unblock international libraries blocked in some regions;
- prevent hacking attacks while connecting to WiFi hotspots;
- protect your VoIP communication;
- bypass censorship;
- save money while booking air tickets and hotels;
- hide real IP address;
- access to computer network UseNet.
Want to know the best part?
You can get all these useful functions for free. Avast SecureLine VPN allows accomplishing it.
Avast free VPN: how and how long?
Although Avast SecureLine is not free VPN software, there is one way to use it without payment. What I mean is Avast free VPN trial. The provider gives us an opportunity to use the service free for 7 days.
Launch the installer and the app will be installed on a device automatically. After Avast VPN app is installed on your computer or any other compatible gadget, it will be proposed to choose the language to use (21 are available). For your convenience it is also allowed to choose the language by means of the installed app.
After Avast VPN free trial account is activated countdown starts and you’ll have 7 days of unlimited and unrestricted internet use.
Avast free VPN characteristics
It sounds too alluring to neglect it, doesn’t it? In this regard the following points I’m going to cover in this article:
- What ciphering mechanisms and protocols make Avast VPN reliable?
- How diverse is geography of Avast free VPN servers?
- What’s the logging policy of the VPN provider?
- On what platforms Avast SecureLine can be used?
If such points are essential for you as well, keep on reading this Avast VPN review till the end and know all its outstanding facilities!
How good is Avast VPN?
The free trial version of Avast VPN is not limited, which means that all the features offered for its paid plans are available for 7 days free of charge. So it seems that it’s a good chance to testify the service during this period and answer the question: ‘’Do I need Avast Secureline VPN?’’.
Have a look at what features are accessible during the free trial period:
General Avast VPN review of the offered features
|How it’s free||It’s not a free unlimited VPN, the provider gives 7 days of using the service for free. When the app is downloaded on Android, one should provide with the number of your credit or debit card. When the free period expires, you can either proceed with its paid plan or cancel. The functions are the same as they are for the paid plans of Avast VPN.|
|Logging policy||They collect the information about the users’ activities in the non-personal form (at least they say so). The information is deleted in 60 days.|
|Server park||54 server locations in 34 countries in various regions.|
|Customer Service support||You can get technical assistance by phone or reading the guides and the answers to FAQs on the website.|
|Encryption key||To make all the data you pass via the Internet hidden from hackers, Avast VPN applies 2566-bit encrypting.|
|Protocols||OpenVPN, OpenSSL are used for all operating systems and IPSec for Apple devices.|
|Country of jurisdiction||The VPN service is based in the Czech Republic.|
|Speed||The speed is great if you connect to the VPN server located not too far from your real geo-location.|
|Avast VPN for torrenting||P2P is allowed by Avast VPN.|
|Avast Secureline for Netflix||Avast VPN has American servers, so it’s worth trying.|
Want to learn more details about the features of Avast VPN? Ok, I’ll tell you about them right now.
Advanced encryption standard with 256-bit key keeps your data, online history, messages safe. Due to this firm mechanism no one will break the defense and interfere your private life.
Isn’t it exactly the thing that you expected from the VPN?
Bank-grade encryption applied by Avast Secureline VPN is based on open-source technology for Windows and Android. The following type of encryption is a reliable technology for protecting against cracking on unprotected Wi-Fi networks.
Cyber hackers want to steal the personal data of users: passwords, credentials and others. If the traffic is encrypted, they won’t be able to crack and steal them. Why do I like Avast VPN encryption?
Though many of VPN experts say that 128-bit encryption is quite enough for ordinary users, I do believe that every internet user should take precautions and codify internet connections with the help of stronger technologies. Modern cracking software is not the same as it was a few years ago, and unfortunately it is developed more rapidly that anti-cracking tools.
Unlike many other VPN service provides, Avast free VPN offers different tunneling protocols for the holders of different devices.
Consequently, OpenSSL and OpenVPN tunneling protocols are the once that may be used on various devices.
Are you a beginner? You might be wondering:
OpenVPN: pros and cons
✔ The biggest plus is that protection is ensured on several layers: pre-shared keys, peer authentication and others.
✔ Due to its reliability OpenVPN users’ information is still safe and isn’t lost in case of disconnections.
✖ It is a bit difficult for common users to configure it.
✖ It sometimes makes the Internet slower, but if the device is strong enough for all the processes, then it will work quite well.
✖ Certain servers do not support OpenVPN.
Whereas IPsec protocol is used for iOS and macOS device only. IPSec protocol is approved by Apple, so it is definitely compatible with these platforms and performs well. Personally, I haven’t tested how AvastVPN works for iOS and Mac, but I hope that the provider tells the truth.
↑Avast SecureLine VPN protocols↑
Servers and geography
It doesn’t matter where you live. Neither it is essential what website do you want to open. Moreover, the restrictions of your country become trifling when you are a client of Avast SecureLine VPN provider.
Guess what’s the number of Avast SecureLine’s servers.
The figure reached 54 this year!
To be more concrete, Avast SecureLine VPN servers are located in 54 cities around 34 countries around the world.
Try to guess what country has the biggest number of Avast SecureLine VPN servers?
You are right – the USA! There are 16 VPN servers that belong to Avast SecureLine VPN provider.
The greatest part of it is that Avast free VPN has no restrictions in servers. In other words, all the servers that are available for the paid ‘Home’ and ‘Business’ package are available for free trial version of Avast VPN as well.
None the less, there is good news as well – the service deletes Cookies every 30-60 days. Besides, the site ‘knows’ your location until the moment you haven’t changed your IP-address through Avast.
As soon as it is done, you become non-identifiable.
Coming to the conclusion to try Avast free VPN, you are to be 100% convinced that the device you are going to connect to the internet securely is to be compatible with the VPN chosen.
Avast SecureLine VPN works on:
- portable devices: Android, iPad, iPhone;
- personal computers and laptops (Windows);
- Mac gadgets.
Lucky you are if you’ve found your gadget here! Then now it’s the right time to install Avast SecureLine VPN.
How to get Avast VPN for free?
After downloading the app on the official web page of the VPN provider and a rapid installation procedure, you will become a lucky consumer of Avast free VPN.
All the functions of its paid version are available for Avast free VPN client, which is definitely a great bonus.
To start web surfing without limits, you will have to choose the necessary serve clicking an arrow near the “Connect” button.
For your convenience, the system will propose you the optimal location. Nevertheless, Avast free VPN subscriber has both the right and opportunity to decide what server to connect to.
Is the location chosen?
If yes, then click on “Connect” and start browsing with an IP-address of another country. Believe me, you’ll like it!
Speedtest for Avast free VPN
One of the most significant things for VPN users is the speed testing.
VPN providers may offer hundreds of servers and thousands of IP-addresses. But there is no point in such service I case it has poor speed.
Why VPN speed is vital for users?
- People take use of VPN services to bypass the restrictions and stream best movies in high quality and… at high speed. Thus, if the speed is slow, the VPN becomes useless.
- Another reason to opt for a VPN is secure communication. But again… there is no way to conduct voice and video calls via messengers in case the network speed is slow.
And as everybody knows, while passing through a secure VPN tunnel, your internet connection may be slowed down.
Taking into account this fact, I’ve tested Avast free VPN. And here is the result. Look at the graph below.
As the graph demonstrates the speed with Avast free VPN on decreases. However, I’d like to mention that it doesn’t make web surfing impossible.
When choosing a VPN server you are to be very attentive and my recommendation is to choose ‘Optimal location’ recommended by the application.
Avast VPN torrenting: is it worth trying for free?
What do you need to be able to download torrents anonymously via VPN?
Firstly, a VPN provider should allow P2P connections. Some of them block such connections or just don’t offer such an opportunity for users.
Fortunately, Avast VPN is not against torrenting and has the servers that support P2P connections. Still, not all the servers of Avast VPN can be used for torrenting. Among those allowing torrenting are in:
So is it worth using Avast VPN for torrenting or not? Here is what I think of this:
Reasons to use Avast VPN for torrenting:
- Strong protocols make (OpenVPN and IpSec) and advanced bank-grade encryption: the traffic is under protection and your ISP won’t know that you visit torrent trackers and what is more important what you download from there.
- Kill switch: enables protection against IP leaks, which is vital for torrent users.
- Fast speeds: if you connect to the nearest, you will experience speedy torrenting.
Reasons to avoid Avast VPN for torrenting:
1) Avast VPN is free of charge only 7 days.
When the period is over, you should pay. What to do if you need for long?
2) Strange unclear information about their privacy:
On their website they claim about no-logging policy, but according to the documentation, they keep the information in the so-called non-personal form and delete in 60 days. In such a case you will have to just trust them or not.
3) The number of P2P servers is not so rich.
I wouldn’t recommend to use US servers for torrenting as Internet Service Provide apply DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) to see what is visited and downloaded by internet users.
All in all, I would prefer another free VPN to download torrents from the network.
Avast VPN for Netflix: does it work for it?
The VPN software has 16 American servers to access Netflix. I tried all of them to unblock US Netflix, but I failed. The company identified that I used a VPN connection.
I hope that the provider of Avast VPN will do something to improve its capabilities, but now it is useless for Netflix.
May be you will find a worthwhile VPN for Netflix in my recent post.
The reasons to choose Avast free VPN
That’s my favourite part in writing VPN reviews for certain! Now I’ll explain you in a couple more words what are the advantages of Avast free VPN and what will make you try it.
Here we go:
- The first thing that you will definitely like is that Avast free VPN trial is not yield paid packages. All the features are the same. There are NO RESTRICTIONS for the free trial version of Avast SecureLine VPN.
- The combination of Avast VPN tunneling protocols and firm encoding methods provide real SECURITY. Avast SecureLine VPN subscribers don’t undergo data theft.
- Online shopping abroad and biggest possible discounts are another bonus that Avast free VPN provides its clients with.
- 5 you know 5 different devices you possess will become absolutely different when Avast VPN account will be created. Well… you have a unique chance to use Avast VPN free on all the devices you have at home.
- Why not to become a seeder and take use of the best torrent trackers that become available after the IP-address is changed. No restrictions, no fear to be caught when downloading torrents, no ISP’s limits.
- Any content will be yours! Due to the efficient unblocking you’ll be allowed to access any sites. Among the best features of Avast SecureLine VPN is its facility to bypass the traps of such sites like Netflix.
- The best possible speeds are possible in case of rational approach to VPN servers choosing. It sounds unbelievable but Avast free VPN speed reaches the record figures of 2 Gbits per second!
Weak sides of Avast free VPN
Nevertheless, not everything is so excellent…
Alongside with bonuses and fantastic features of Avast free VPN it has its disadvantages:
- When it happened so that you live in a place that I located far away from the USA, you will have to become reconciled with the fate not to stream Netflix.
- Although the VPN provider offers 3 tunneling protocols, such outstanding protocols like L2TP/IPsec, PPTP, Chameleon and others are ignored.
- For the majority of users 7 days is a too short period to test the service. And to be honest, you read this article not to find VPN to test without payment for some time, but to find the way to use the best VPNs FREE. And the longer – the better!
I can say that AvastVPN is worthwhile to try for 7 days if you consider a paid VPN service. in case you look for free unlimited VPN services, you’d better read this article. There is a long list of completely free VPN services.
Despite the minuses Avast free VPN possesses, this VPN provider is definitely worth using?
If you want to ask ‘why?’, then read this article again, as the number of its strong sides is really great.