SlickVPN Review: Provider with Robust Encryption
Every prudent Internet user tries to find the best service to protect their sensitive data on the Internet. A VPN is a perfect technology to avoid monitoring and throttling online communication or any other activities on the Internet. In this review, I’m going to cover SlickVPN. You’ll see if this service is worth using or not. Keep reading and you’ll learn:
- How to get SlickVPN for free?
- Privacy and security features
- Servers and platforms
- Conclusion: pros and cons
- Top 3 alternatives
Actually, SlickVPN is a paid service. It provides its customers 3 different Plans: Monthly, Yearly, and 6 Months. SlickVPN doesn’t offer any free trial or free version. However, all of possible tariffs are covered by a 30-day Money-back guarantee. It implies that it’s still possible to get the provider for free for a 1-month period.
- Go to the official website of SlickVPN and select a plan that you wish.
- To get a VPN you should enter your email address and select a payment method.
- The last step is to cancel your subscription. Ask the customer service for a refund during the first thirty days.
SlickVPN offers such protocols as PPTP, IPsec, and OpenVPN. Each of them has different levels of security. PPTP protocol is offered for Windows, Linux, and Android; IPsec for MacOS and iOS. However, it’s better to choose OpenVPN protocol that runs on all above-mentioned platforms. OpenVPN is considered to be the industry standard because of its military-grade encryption.
PPTP is an outdated protocol, it offers basic encryption up to 128-bit. IPsec provides more robust protocol. However, as was mentioned above, it’s better to use OpenVPN protocol with robust AES 256-bit encryption. This type of encryption has never been successfully hacked. Even the fastest computer in the world won’t be able to crack it.
To contact SlickVPN customer support, a customer should fill out the form on the website. A member of SlickVPN’s staff will respond within one business day.
Among other useful features of the provider are:
- Unblock Netflix. SlickVPN allows unblocking Netflix and other streaming services from your country.
- Torrenting is allowed. SlickVPN support P2P connections. It allows unlimited torrenting using their servers.
- Unlimited bandwidth and speed.
- HYDRA protection. As it is noted on the SlickVPN.com, HYDRA protection provides the most secure Internet connection using extra hops.
- Simple to set up and use. You have to follow only a few steps to get the VPN on your device. However, I’ve failed to find a setup instruction on their official website.
There’re a lot of customers who use a VPN for bypassing censorship. In this case, it’s crucial to select a VPN with a wide server park. If you want to unblock Netflix, for example, you are to find a VPN with the servers in the USA. It’s also vital to check what platforms the provider support. Most of modern VPN services run on such smart devices as Amazon Fire TV Stick, Android TV, Roku and many others.
SlickVPN is compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux. It also runs on Routers (Asus, Synology, QNAP). Unfortunately, SlickVPN doesn’t have any support for smart TVs or game consoles.
SlickVPN owns 150+ servers in 40+ countries. They have more than 250 anonymous IP addresses. The majority of servers are located in Europe.
There’re also 31 servers in North America (US, Canada, Panama), 1 server in South Africa, 2 in South America (Chile, Brazil), 4 servers in Australia, and 1 in New Zealand.
Undoubtedly, it is worth trying SlickVPN for free. The provider supports OpenVPN protocol and 256-bit encryption, has a no logs policy and allows torrenting.
At the same time, almost all servers of the provider are located in Europe and North America. This can cause to slow Internet speeds if connect to the servers in South America, Oceania or South Africa.
Pros of SlickVPN:
- No logs policy;
- Robust protocols and encryption;
- Torrenting is allowed.
Cons of SlickVPN:
- Limited number of servers in Asia, Africa and South America;
- Doesn’t run on games consoles and Smart TVs.
I also offer you to check other VPN services that you can get free of charge. Here are my 3 alternatives to SlickVPN:
- Betternet. This VPN can be installed as an add-on for Chrome or Firefox without any registration. It’s really easy to use and fast provider. Betternet is a perfect choice for those who want to get a private Internet connection for free.
- VPNGate. This service offers AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN protocol, and a wide server park. It is able to hide you on the Internet. However, pay attention to the fact that VPNGate keeps some logs.
- VPNBook. This provider has 6 free servers and allows torrenting. OpenVPN protocol and 256-bit encryption are the main advantages of the provider.
I wish you to find the best free VPN for your needs! Good luck!