Best VPNs for Angola
Just as one wants to know what war can do and what peace can achieve, Angola is the place that comes up.
Angola had been a war zone for more than 3 decades. And the year of 2002 became a remarkable for this African country, as peace was achieved only 16 years ago there.
The development growth and national pride that has been achieved over the short few years are nothing but incredible. The country is ranked 62nd globally in terms of per capita GDP. The country is among the fastest developing countries in Africa.
Although the Internet penetration in Angola is only 13%, the use of the Internet in Angola is growing exponentially and this has attracted the attention of international investors.
The growing use of the Internet in the country has also prompted the government to look for friendly means through which it can manage people’s liberties.
- ExpressVPN - best VPN for Angola with servers in 94 countries, 5 protocols, 256-bit encryption and free apps for any OS.
- NordVPN - reliable VPN app with the servers in 62 countries to unblock restricted content in Angola.
- Surfshark - good choice to hide your IP in Angola, it offers super-fast speeds and zero logs policy.
- CyberGhost VPN - easy to use VPN with 3 strong protocols and 5944 servers to surf the Internet in Angola.
- Private Internet Access - robust VPN allowing P2P file sharing and 5 multi-logins.
Now let’s come back to the Internet use in Angola!
The government applies measures which are meant to ensure that while people are getting access to the Internet, it remains in control. While this can be seen to be a good step towards allowing the total Internet as well as expression freedom, there is still a long journey ahead.
There are several laws that have been put in place in Angola and which are meant to make the use of the Internet easier for everyone.
Here’re the most prominent ones of them:
- LAR (Law on Authors’ Rights)
The law was accepted in March 1990 to protect intellectual property and regulate copyright infringement.
- Law on Electronic Communications and Information Company Services
The government of the country is the legal regulator of ICT sphere since the year of 2011.
- Social Communication Legislative Package
Being introduced in January of 2017, it empowers the regulatory bodies to control the information posted on the Internet.
In line with these laws, websites that promote child pornography are blocked or banned in Angola. Major social media platforms are easily accessible.
However, this is not to say that the government is not censoring some websites and even personal accounts. At times, the government even takes down its own websites so as to restrict the access to information by the public.
It is for this reason that you need a good VPN for Angola. In order to get online security in Angola you need VPN while traveling to Angola or living there. Such a VPN will enable you to access all the websites that you want while at the same time shielding yourself from the government and other prying eyes.
Do you want to find out more about VPNs in Angola? Keep on reading this article and you will get to know:
- The best VPN for Angola which is guaranteed to serve you in the best possible way is that which has numerous high-speed servers. The location of the servers influences the connection speed in Angola. Netizens who are restricted for accessing sites in Angola will be able to connect to such sites as Netflix USA, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and others.
- The price of the best VPN for Angola should be reasonable. In many instances also, the best free VPN services are without any price tag.
- The best VPN for Angola should have the strongest protocols. Depending on your needs, the OpenVPN protocol is best used for privacy while the rest are good when you are looking for online streaming content. A good VPN for Angola should support open tunneling protocols.
- The best VPN for Angola should keep no logs either for data or connection. Though some VPNs are forced to record and keep customer logs for a while based on the country they are based at, you should beware that a VPN that keeps no logs is the best tool for protecting you from government surveillance and hackers.
After looking through the main characteristics of the best VPNs for Angola, you are definitely ready to make the right choice.
With no doubt people all over the world are in permanent search for privacy and freedom on the Internet. In respect to the law, netizens’ online activity becomes more protected, whereas the cases of people’s private lives violations become more frequent
In this regard, more and more people visiting and living in Angola subscribe for Virtual Private Networks.
And here’re the reasons why:
- The Angolan government has the legal right to control journalists and websites. In case the authorities reckon the content to be inappropriate, it will be banned. In this regard, online privacy tools for reporters are crucial in this country.
- Social media websites and messengers don’t undergo blocking inside the country. However, leaving the country an Angolan can face the situation when the service one got used to is blacklisted. That is why before going abroad it is recommended to install and run a VPN.
- Content removal is NOT a common phenomenon for the residents of Angola. Nevertheless, there are the cases when public agents ‘asked’ netizens to delete some content on their blogs or social media accounts.
- Total monitoring is rather common in Angola to date. To get rid of snooping, users opt for the best VPN services for Angola.
Netflix with its magnificent originals is available in all places of the world except North Korea, Syria and the Crimea. Thus, if you live in Angola or just visit this African country as a tourist, you will get access to your Netflix account.
However, it is unlikely you will be satisfied with the Netflix library in case you browse with Angolan IP address. As it is well-known, Netflix library is different all over the world.
Do you want to watch ALL Netflix originals?
Unfortunately, when your IP is Angolan, only 7.5% of TV shows and 6.7% of Netflix movies will be accessible. However it is possible to change the situation and get access to the best Netflix – surf the Internet with the USA IP.
Here are 3 steps to watch Netflix as if you are in the US:
It is the fact that it is possible to change Angolan IP address into American one. The best way to accomplish it is a VPN service. Thus, it is necessary to subscribe for the best VPN for Netflix in Angola.
The next step on the way to unrestricted Netflix streaming is to change IP into the one that belongs to the USA.
Load Netflix website and experience unrestricted access to the best Netflix originals as if you are physically located in the USA.
The best VPN for Angola’s summary
Fortunately, if you live in Angola you have access to the Internet. But all your online activity is controlled by the government. This is one of the reasons for using the best VPN for Angola.
Moreover, using the best VPN for Angola you can be 99,9% secure from any third-party interference. In addition, with the best VPN for Angola you will be able to watch some geo-restricted services, such as Freeform, Netflix, BBC and etc.
We hope that the best VPNs for Angola’s rating will help you find a right decision for your needs. All the best!