Best VPNs for Kuwait
If you live in Kuwait you probably hate the new internet restrictions.
Thus, we have done our best to prepared a list of 5 best VPN services for Kuwait. All the VPN services from the list below are respectable which is confirmed by a great number of positive reviews about them. Have a look at the rating:
- ExpressVPN: The protection against DNS leaks and DDoS attacks is guaranteed when you are an ExpressVPN subscriber.
- NordVPN: Websites that were blocked by the Ministry of Information in Kuwait will be unblocked by NordVPN.
- Surfshark: Attractive pricing system is not the only attractive point of this provider. Try it, and you will know how free the Internet in Kuwait can be.
- CyberGhost VPN: You will forget about monitoring and snooping thanks to CyberGhost VPN. It encodes all the traffic including visited pages and loaded files.
- Private Internet Access: It is faster than the proxy and more reliable than Tor. With PIA web browsing will not be boring anymore.
There are rumors that even music education will soon be banned in Kuwait because it doesn’t comply with the country's major religion.
To top it off, the government’s online censorship is extremely tight and those found to break the law could be sentenced for up to ten years in jail! But there is a way in which you can still enjoy the internet as free as a bird without the risk of ever getting caught for your online activities and that is by getting the help of one of the best VPN services in Kuwait.
Internet censorship in Kuwait can be defined as pervasive one due to extremely strict legislation and massive intervention into citizens’ using of the Internet. It is on the 104th position among 180 countries included in the rating made by Reporters without Borders for 2017.
One of the main targets for blocking access in Kuwait is porn, lesbian and gay content. Any content that seems to be against religion, traditions or security, is blocked. Even local Internet Service Providers are imposed to block a great number of forbidden sites in Kuwait.
According to the latest estimates in the sphere of internet security, the internet in Kuwait is stated to be partly free. This means that during the research specialists managed to find such issues as access obstacles and user rights violations.
Among the latest examples there are:
- Several bloggers have been arrested for criticizing Saudi Arabia and the monarch;
- The publishing license of the newspaper Al-Watan has been suspended by the government;
- The newly-passed cybercrime law includes restrictive measures for speaking out online.
Any VPN service should fulfill several essential functions to provide its customers with a fully-fledged solution. Having subscribed for the best service ever, you will be supplied with:
- An authentic address shifting.
Having established an internet connection through one of the VPN servers located in other countries, your true address is to be substituted with a server’s one. Besides, your geo-location will be moved to a country/city you are connected to.
- Restrictions bypassing.
What is more, due to this very function you will be able to get access to any geo-restricted content while switching your IP. For instance, if you want to watch Netflix outside the US, you should choose any US-based server and establish an internet connection through it. Besides, the feature may help you evade the government’s surveillance and stay on the save side.
- Traffic encoding.
When sending web traffic through a VPN connection all your data is to be thoroughly encoded, which makes it protected from any interceptions and interference. The thing is that when you start running the service you choose a set of protocols or run them set by default. With the help of the defensive measures, a secure tunneling is created between your connected device and a VPN server, which answers for your traffic safeness.
When looking for a reliable service, which is to maintain all the basic functions we’ve enumerated, you should pay attention to such characteristics as:
- a vast variety of server locations;
When choosing the best VPN for Kuwait you should pay attention to server locations, as long as the more virtual locations a service offers the more possibilities will be opened for you. Having decided to run a VPN for Kuwait for torrenting, which is stated to be illegal in most European countries, you need to subscribe for a VPN, which offers numerous servers placed in Spain, Switzerland, Russia, etc. where the activity is not forbidden. For unblocking and watching Netflix, Hulu, etc. you need to have at least several US-based servers to connect to. In such a way, in case if one of the servers is overloaded you will be able to connect to another one. Besides, kill switch will be of a high use here as well.
- strong encryption protocols;
The best VPN for Kuwait offers a wide set of protocols from which you can choose the most appropriate one. However, cheap or free packages usually provide one protocol for usage. Therefore, if you have the possibility to choose the most suitable variant you need to act on the assumption of your demands.
Thus, if you need to supply your network with the highest level of protection, you should rely on OpenVPN or L2TP/IPSec protocols. However, the technologies are known to be bandwidth consuming, which leads to delays and hits in case your internet connection is insufficient for the purpose.
If you want to geo-restricted streaming services from Kuwait with a low average internet connection speed, you’d better choose PPTP variant, which is stated to be of a medium protection and fast in operation.
- unlimited bandwidth and speed;
The two categories are especially important for those who look for the best VPN for Kuwait for playing multi-player games, streaming heavy traffic while watching video content in a high-quality, etc. Therefore, before subscribing for a service you need to make sure everything is ok with the two showings.
- trial version or money-back guarantee;
Providing that a VPN for Kuwait offers a free trial version, this means you can test the service before investing into it. On the contrary, the trial version can be restricted not only in the period of usage but also in some essential characteristics, such as speed, protocols, servers. Therefore, it’s great if a VPN service offers a money-back guarantee, which makes your budget protected from extra losses.
- support of different payment methods;
According to many security experts, crypto-currency is stated to be one of the best payment methods in terms of anonymity, as long as no credentials or other private information is collected on you.
- 24/7 professional technical group assistance;
Even being a tech-savvy customer you may need professional support, as there are cases when a VPN for Kuwait won’t work for internal system’s reasons.
Provided that a VPN offers all the features, you have all reasons to think the app is the best. However, don’t jump at conclusions, as long as before subscribing for it you are highly recommended to look through all the terms of service and make sure you know everything about the money-back guarantee.
You might be wondering…
All the VPN services were studied and have its characteristics tested in Kuwait. Use one of these 5 VPNs for Kuwait and you will never:
- be monitored by any third party;
- experience low internet connection;
- suffer from censorship and geo-restriction;
- become a victim of hacking attacks;
- know what are DDoS attacks and DNS leaks;
- be identified by means of your IP address.
Are you going to subscribe for one of the 5 best VPNs for Kuwait, but you are interested in what goodies you’ll get and what you will be able to do with it? Don’t stop reading if you really want to know it.
With the best VPN for Kuwait, you’ll manage to…..
… hide your IP address from prying eyes of Kuwait’s local ISPs and authorities;
… codify your online traffic so that ISPs fail to look into your online activities;
… overcome restrictions imposed by severe internet censorship in Kuwait;
… unblock access to those websites that are not available in Kuwait due to geo-restrictions or censorship;
… use the services restricted in your country anonymously;
… change your virtual location as many time as you wish due to the feature of unlimited server switching.
It is not a secret that browsing with a Kuwaiti IP one faces the limits of Kuwait internet laws. According to the local Ministry of Information, there are websites and services banned for the residents of the country – 158 units.
The websites containing the materials about the following topics undergo blocking:
- tobacco, alcohol, and drugs;
- political and religious views advocacy;
- weapons of mass destruction;
- violation of legislation, public rules, and orders;
- terrorist organizations, etc.
Here are three ways to unblock blacklisted websites in Kuwait.
Here’s the deal:
#1 Kuwait proxy servers
Being in Kuwait, one has an opportunity to make use of proxy servers to access websites blocked in Kuwait. However, a user may not like this variant because of its weak points:
⇒ the protocols used by proxy servers (SOCKS, HTTP) do NOT cipher users’ traffic;
⇒ manual configuration for each IP is required;
⇒ is not ideal in terms of censorship bypassing.
#2 The Onion Router
The Onion Router (Tor in short) is used to provide confidentiality while browsing the Internet. The greatest advantage of this technology is accounted for by the IP masking. At the same time there are some Tor features you are to know before starting using it:
⇒ in case the targeted website doesn’t use SSL protocol, IP leak is possible;
⇒ delays of internet connection are significant;
⇒ as the system was worked out by the YS Navy, Tor user may be illegal activity suspect.
#3 Kuwait VPN servers
VPN services are more reliable and trustworthy than the above-mentioned technologies. Virtual Private Networks serve to create a protected connection between a user’s device and the targeted website. Besides, VPN changes user’s IPs into the IP of the least censored countries making it possible to access the desired services and websites.
⇒ VPN’s price is the only minus.
As it was mentioned earlier, one may unblock access to many websites unavailable in Kuwait owing to some obvious reasons (You have already known them). Here is a short how-to guide for unblocking Netflix in Kuwait.
- The first thing you need is obtaining a subscription for one of the best VPNs for Kuwait (The rating is posted above this section).
- Then, download a VPN app on your device (Most VPN providers develop special apps, which can be easily downloaded from their website).
- In case a VPN app is not provided for your platform, you will have to configure a VPN connection in a manual way. It may take some time, but don’t be afraid! It is not as difficult as you might think. There are usually step-by-step guides on VPNs’ sites.
- When the app is installed, you are ready to connect to the network via VPN.
- Choose any US server from the list to access Netflix and get connected.
- You are able now to access Netflix from Kuwait.
The number of Netflix users increased significantly in the year of 2017 and reached the number of 117.6 million people.
Having subscribed for one of the VPN services, it will be not a problem for any Kuwait resident to access Netflix by connecting to one of the US-based VPN servers.
Internet users always ask this question about free and paid VPN services. In some cases, free VPNs can be used. But surfing the Internet in Kuwait with a free VPN won’t be a good idea.
If you are from Kuwait or going to access blocked websites from there, you will definitely need a VPN service which will be much stronger and more reliable than a free one. You should be equipped with highly forceful data encrypting tools, which are not provided by free VPNs.
These are top 3 Why-nots for free VPN for Kuwait:
- Weak data cyphering instruments!
- NO guarantee for users’ online privacy!
- A poor number of VPN servers to access blocked sites!
Which seems to confirm the idea that it is better to be well-prepared before you connect to the Internet in Kuwait. You might save a few dollars, but you will pay probably even bigger price for being monitored by authorities.
To draw the conclusion, one can say that it is impossible to get full access to various internet resources in Kuwait. Thus, keep in mind a few pieces of advice if intend to surf the Internet from Kuwait:
- Get connected to the network in Kuwait ONLY WITH A VPN.
- Prefer paid VPNs to free ones if you are in Kuwait.
- Never forget to hide your IP and encrypt online traffic with the help of VPNs (manually or automatically).
- Accessing any website in Kuwait, make an informed decision so that not to get troubles with the law.
- Care for your online security and privacy when you use the Internet in Kuwait.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reach us via e-mail. We are always happy to assist you. Thanks!