How to Watch Channel 4 in the US in 2023
Channel 4 is a British freestanding public broadcast TV channel. It is one of the leading channels in the UK and is also known as All 4. Compared to the other big broadcasters, like BBC, Channel 4 does not produce any shows. Instead, it undertakes them from other streaming companies in the UK. Unfortunately, the strict licensing rules cause this channel to be geo-restricted.
But in 2023, it’s possible to enjoy all of Channel 4’s shows from anywhere with a VPN. We’ll teach you how to choose the best VPN and how to watch Channel 4 in the US. So, let’s get started!
How to watch Channel 4 in the US
- Choose a trustworthy VPN. Our top recommendation is NordVPN, now 68% off.
- Download the VPN app and select a server in the UK.
- Visit the Channel 4 website or download the All 4 app.
- Set up your account on Channel 4.
- Enjoy watching!
Why is VPN necessary to watch Channel 4 in the US
Channel 4 is only available to viewers in the United Kingdom due to geographical restrictions imposed by UK copyright law. People outside the UK cannot access Channel 4 through traditional means, such as cable or satellite television.
However, there are alternative ways for international viewers to watch Channel 4 programs, such as using a VPN or streaming services that offer Channel 4 content to subscribers outside of the UK.
A VPN enables you to bypass online censorship and access geo-restricted content, or in this case, Channel 4 outside the UK. It hides your real IP address, which indicates your location and routes your traffic through a server in another country. In our example, your fake, country-specific IP address would indicate that you are in the UK even though you are not.
As a bonus, the VPN will help you in many other ways, such as keeping your online activities hidden and encrypted from third parties, including your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How to sign up on Channel 4 in the US
Getting Channel 4 in the US and other countries outside the UK is pretty straightforward. Let’s have a look at it:
- Choose a reliable VPN. NordVPN is our choice for unblocking Channel 4 in the US
- Subscribe to a suitable plan
- Download and install the NordVPN app.
- Log in. You should log in with the NordVPN account you’ve created.
- Set up a UK location. Choosing a new location with this VPN is pretty simple. You can search for a region in the search tab or click on the location marks on the map.
- Register to Channel 4
- After clicking the Sign in to My4, you will see the following screen. Click on register.
- After entering account details, you should enter your profile details. Put a UK postcode and a UK address in the Address’ field. You can use a random address generator to find an address if you don’t know one. Then, click Next.
- Click Register, and start watching Channel 4!
How to watch Channel 4 in the US on different devices
This guide explains how to watch Channel 4 from a tablet, laptop, or smartphone. Above, we explained how to watch Channel 4 in the USA using Windows. The steps are the same even if you watch from a Mac.
The process is also similar whether you watch from iOS or Android. Let’s see how to watch Channel 4 in the US from an iOS device.
- Sign up for NordVPN
- Purchase a plan
- Set a UK location by clicking on the preferred location tag
- Download the All 4 app
- Unfortunately, the All 4 app is not always fully functional. Fortunately, you can still watch your favorite shows on the official website. Click on Sign in in the upper right corner.
- Enter your email and click Let’s go.
- That’s it – you’re ready to watch Channel 4!
Watch Channel 4 in the US on smart TV
Not all VPNs have native apps for smart TVs and vice versa. For instance, NordVPN offers optimized apps for Android and Google TVs.
The process is much simpler when the VPN provides an app for your TV:
- Choose a reliable VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download it on your smart TV
- Install the VPN app
- Choose a UK server
- Install the Channel 4 app on your smart TV
- Log in or create an account
- Relax and watch your favorite show on Channel 4
On the other hand, handling your smart TV might be more challenging if the VPN has no native TV app. In this case, it’s still possible to set up your VPN, but it may take a few extra steps:
- Find your router's IP address
- Log in to your router
- Configure it for a VPN
How to troubleshoot VPN issues
VPN is the only way to watch Channel 4 from the US and other countries. However, even the most reliable VPNs may face some issues. Have a look at the issues and their solutions.
- IP leaks: to avoid this, disconnect your VPN and reconnect
- Cache and cookies may expose where you are: delete all cookies and cache files to avoid your location being exposed
- Channel 4 has blocked the VPN's IP addresses: you can get in touch with your VPN's customer service or choose another server
- GPS and IP address issues: try changing the server or tunneling protocol
Does free VPN unblock Channel 4 in the US?
A free VPN might be able to unblock Channel 4 in the USA. However, it’s crucial to remember that free VPNs frequently come with drawbacks like:
- Limited functionality: free VPNs often have fewer server and less bandwidth
- Security concerns: free VPNs can collect and sell user data, which can put your privacy and security at risk
- Slow speeds: the result due to overcrowded servers, making streaming ad downloading content difficult
- Advertisements: free VPNs display advertisements, which can be intrusive and annoying
- Inadequate support: limited customer support, making it difficult to get help when needed
- Malware and viruses: free VPNs may contain malware or viruses, which can harm your device and put your personal information at risk
Installing a trustworthy, paying VPN service is much more advised. Fortunately, the market offers cheap VPNs, delivering excellent value for money if you are on a tight budget. For example, NordVPN starts at 3.19$/month and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What to watch on Channel 4?
Channel 4 comes with some amazing movies and shows in different genres. If you are looking for the perfect night at home, then you will definitely find the genre you are in the mood to watch.
Best TV shows to watch on Channel 4
Are you unsure what to pick – reality, drama, sitcom, or thriller? Well, worry not, as Channel 4 comes with some of the best shows from all genres.
|Name of Show||Genre|
|The Junior Bake Off||Reality|
|The Originals||Supernatural drama|
|Naked Attraction||Dating game|
|Close to me||Drama|
|This Way Up||Comedy-drama|
Best movies to watch on Channel 4
If you are not a fan of shows and a movie lover instead, here are the ten best movies you can find on Channel 4.
|Name of Show||Genre|
|Terminator: Dark Fate||Action/sci-fi|
|In Inbetweeners Movie||Comedy|
|The Inbetweeners 2||Comedy|
|Jack Reacher: Never Go Back||Action/thriller|
|The Little Stanger||Horror/mystery|
|A Quiet Place||Horror/thriller|
Channel 4 has many appealing programs, including comedy and reality shows. Yet, many countries worldwide, including the US, are restricted from it. Fortunately, you can unlock the door to Channel 4 streaming in the USA with a solid VPN, such as NordVPN – you simply need to connect to a UK server.
Now that you have learned what Channel 4 is and how to watch Channel 4 in the US, what are you waiting for? You can forget about the annoying error messages or geographical restrictions. Instead, you can enjoy seamless streaming of the best in British programs. Don’t waste your time and stream Channel 4 in the US today.
Can I watch Channel 4 outside the UK?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 outside the UK with a VPN. Without one, you will be restricted from using this platform as the UK has implied geo-restrictions. We recommend NordVPN, our top choice for unblocking Channel 4.
Can you watch Channel 4 in other countries?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 in the US and elsewhere. You just need to get a VPN and choose a UK server to reroute your traffic. Out top option is NordVPN.
Does Channel 4 block VPN?
No, it doesn’t. But even though you may use a trustworthy VPN, sometimes minor issues, such as blocking your VPN and IP address, can occur. They can be easily surpassed.
How do I register on Channel 4 outside UK?
Choose a Channel 4 VPN, such as NordVPN. Next, change your location to a UK server. Finally, create an account on Channel 4 and enjoy your favorite content outside the UK.
Is there an app for Channel 4?
Yes, there is a Channel 4 UK app. You can download Channel 4 app outside the UK on your PC or smartphone.