Best VPNs for Netherlands
In the past, the Netherlands has had to balance between restricting access to bad internet content such as drug trafficking, infringement of human rights, etc. This has led to the government coming up with several laws that seem to be ineffective at times.
- ExpressVPN: fast VPN with unlimited server switch and servers in 94 countries.
- NordVPN: robust VPN with IKEv2/IPSec protocol available and AES 256-GCM ciphering.
- Surfshark: one of the best VPNs that offers fast speeds and 5 simultaneous connections.
- CyberGhost VPN: nice choice as it has servers in more than 90 countries and 256-bit encryption.
- Private Internet Access: an amazing VPN with a 7-day money-back guarantee and strong encryption protocols.
We’ll also show you how it is really possible to avoid internet censorship in Holland. Here’s the deal:
So as to not be at the mercy of BREIN – the government-backed internet regulator- you need to access the services of a good VPN firm. In order to safeguard yourself from being blocked from accessing your favorite TV channels or website to buy some goods, you need to consider employing credible Netherlands VPN services.
Got interested in how they work? Keep on reading and stay with us today!
Internet freedom in the Netherlands
According to the latest research, the Internet in the country is stated to be free and unrestricted. All internet content remains open, accessible, and diverse. The country seems to be free for the press as well.
But what’s the real story?
However, in the Netherlands, you will be deprived of a possibility to torrent or get access to your favorite websites. In such a way, having traveled to the Netherlands, you won’t be able to watch Netflix, Hulu, Freeform, as long as the resources are blocked there.
What can you actually do?
In such a manner, having decided to go to the country for business or on vacation, you will need some additional tools to make your network protected from unauthorized interference and free for accessing any geo-restricted content you wish.
How can you actually use VPNs for the Netherlands?
- Thus, having established an internet connection through one of the VPN servers your true address is to be substituted with a new one.
- Besides, you will be able to shift your virtual geo-location. Therefore, having connected through a US-based server, your virtual location will be shifted to the US, which makes your network free for accessing all the geo-blocked US-based services.
- What is more, the best VPN for the Netherlands creates a secure tunneling between your connected device and a VPN server. The tunneling is designed with the use of such up-to-date protocols as PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, etc. While being routed through the tunneling all your generated traffic is to be encoded, thus made unreadable for any unauthorized readers.
Why does it matter?
2 Simple Reasons why to torrent via VPN in Holland:
The function is especially useful for torrenting in the Netherlands as …
- As long as the torrenting activity is banned in the Netherlands, you will need to find a VPN for the Netherlands, which offers several servers located in such countries as Spain, Switzerland, Russia where torrenting has a legal status. Having connected to the internet through one of the Spain-based servers your virtual location is to be shifted to the country and you will automatically get access to all the geo-blocked torrenting engines and websites.
- Besides, a reliable VPN for the Netherlands provides your network with a high level of anonymity. A credible VPN company for the Netherlands is to store no logging or metadata and accepts various payment methods. Crypto-currency is stated to be one of the best payment methods for you, as long as a company won’t have to store any of your debit/credit card credentials.
Can I use a free Netherlands VPN?
That’s not all …
What is more, it will be of a high use if a VPN service offers a free trial or/and a money-back guarantee. The thing is that while testing a free trial you will be able to see the tool in operation and decide whether it suits you or not. Besides, a money-back guarantee will make you protected from extra expenses, which is great for your budget and saves you from extra investments.
What is a VPN for the Netherlands? How does a VPN work?
A VPN is a service, which has been primarily developed for providing business companies with reliable web protection. However, today it is widely used by average customers for defending their online life against any unauthorized access and other web infections.
A VPN service hides your IP address
The service offers up-to-date solutions that make a user’s IP invisible, as well as shifting a real location and making all the traffic encoded and thus inaccessible for any penetration.
So, having connected to the internet through one of the VPN servers your true address is to be substituted by a chosen one. For instance, having established a connection through a US-based server, you will be visible for all web customers and web-based sources like a US customer. The feature also offers to bypass geo-restrictions and get access to any content you like.
A VPN encodes your traffic
What is more, when routing traffic through a VPN tunneling it becomes encoded. The process is fulfilled with the help of up-to-date protocols and bit keys. In such a way, even being intercepted your traffic will stay unreadable for any adversaries. The feature is widely applied by banking systems and businesses.
Most reliable VPN providers keep the no-data-logging policy
Besides, a reliable VPN service collects and saves no logging data on its customers, which provides you with a reliable defense against data passing to any interested third party.
A great majority of VPNs are paid with cryptocurrency
How to choose the best VPN for the Netherlands?
When looking for a credible VPN service you need to pay attention to the main characteristics it should possess:
- a vast variety of server locations
With the help of the function, you will be able to make your network free from any geo-restrictions and accessible in many countries of the world. The feature is highly reasonable for those who travel a lot for business. Besides, it is highly appreciated by gamers and media-lovers.
- strong encryption protocols
Computer professionals have designed secure tunneling with the help of up-to-date protocols. While routing your traffic through the tunneling created between your connected device and a VPN server all the data comes to be encoded. This allows for better online protection against undesirable interference in your private affairs.
- unlimited bandwidth&speed
The feature is especially compulsive in case you subscribe for a VPN to watch geo-filtered streaming services in high quality or enjoy video multi-player games online.
- a trial version or a money-back guarantee
The characteristic makes your budget defended from extra expenses.
- support of different payment methods
The possibility gives you even more anonymity, as long as any VPN service is obliged to save banking data on its clients, whereas in the case with cryptocurrency it’s plainly impossible.
- 24/7 professional technical group assistance
Even an advanced customer may need professional assistance. Therefore don’t neglect the importance of the feature, but pay attention to the efficiency and professionalism of its fulfillment.
Torrenting in the Netherlands: legal or illegal?
The question is quite frequently asked and most visitors to the Netherlands wonder about that. Actually, torrenting has been developed just to share files in a faster and more convenient way. And this apparently cannot be illegal. The real problem comes when such conception as piracy appears on stage.
In fact, the main aim of committing piracy covers financial reasons. That is why the Netherlands government prohibited downloading pirate materials on the Internet. Just recently, it was allowed for private home users to download video or audio files for their personal usage. Nevertheless, with these new rules they have lost such an opportunity. What a pity, isn’t it?
As regards punishment, it is known that individual torrent users are not strictly monitored, what can’t be said about huge internet resources that distribute unlicensed films and music.
So what about torrenting in the Netherlands? How to torrent there?
Still, it is considered that it’s much safer to use torrent via VPN in the Netherlands. Such usage has a lot of advantages in comparison with unprotected torrenting:
- The first and the main privilege to use VPN in the Netherlands as well as in other countries is that you get a safe protected connection without third-party interference.
- Besides, VPN ensures security and anonymity when surfing the Internet wherever you are.
- It protects your connection while using Wi-Fi in public places as well (in case you use free Wi-Fi for torrenting).
And some additional goodies:
Since VPN changes your IP address, you can easily get excess to other countries’ sites that can be banned in the country. Besides, all your personal information is decoded, thus it obviously guarantees secrecy on the Internet.
Free VPN vs. trusted paid VPN: which is better to choose?
At first sight, free VPN seems to be more attractive rather than a paid one as you do not have to pay any money for it. But still, there is another side of this picture:
How they provide you with privacy
Firstly, it should be noted that one cannot fully trust free VPNs as it is believed can even sell your data without your awareness.
How speedy they are
As there are a lot of people who’d prefer to use free VPN connections, such free VPN software is extremely overloaded. This often causes lower speed performance.
How reliable they are
Another advantage of paid VPN providers is that they are quite sustainable, unlike free ones. It is connected with applying more technically advanced data transfer protocols and codifying tools as well as kill switch, IP leak protection, split tunneling, and others.
How they support their clients
The difference between two providers can be in quality of customer support assistance. You should understand that no one will help just for free. So if you need high qualified specialists to help you promptly and in an appropriate way, you’d better prefer paid services.
Using free VPN will give you an access to only limited number of servers in other countries. At the same time paid VPNs can suggest you as much server points as you can imagine. Thus, you can get access to such entertainment sites as Netflix or Hulu, where you can watch running TV shows and thousands of various movies.
And, of course, the best thing that the VPN provider of paid services can offer you is almost absolute privacy and safety.
To summarize all the information given above, it can be said that nowadays the Internet itself is quite restricted all over the world. But there are always many legal ways to get around this situation. As for Netherlands, the issue of VPN gives answers to all the questions considering secure and secret internet surfing.
As it is said above, there are two ways you can use VPN for Netherlands: free and paid one. Besides, there are obvious and strong arguments for paid VPN for Netherlands that get us to understand it would be better to pay some amount of money monthly and stay safe and private in internet space rather than be vulnerable not paying anything. You are also granted services of high proficiency and, of course, stay fully confidential and anonymous online.
All in all, it is clear that everybody should acquire VPN for Netherlands, no matter for what purposes they use the Internet (except using it for certain illegal activities). So the best advice would be to choose the best VPN service for Netherlands, considering your needs.
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. We are glad to answer your questions. If you find the article helpful for you, share it on social media to have at hand!