10 best free trial VPN services
Overview of the 10 best VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) that offer free trials. We’ll cover the most worthwhile providers, their benefits and features, plus the terms of their trials.
We've put together this roundup to highlight the best free trial VPNs, which don’t require investing any money for testing. Three of them don’t even need credit card information, while others won’t budge without payment information or provide a free version with fewer features.
- NordVPN: the best overall VPN with a 7-day free trial without restrictions
- Surfshark: fast and secure service with a 7-day trial and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Proton VPN: Privacy-focused Swiss VPN with one of the best free versions
- Atlas VPN: Well-rounded VPN with solid connectivity, reliable features, and a great free version
- CyberGhost: Top free trial VPN that doesn’t require credit card information
- VyprVPN: Industry veteran with free trials for Android and iOS
- Windscribe: Respectable VPN with a 1-day free trial and a solid free version
- VPN Unlimited: Fully-featured 7-day trial without any payment information requirements
- Hide Me VPN: Good VPN with a free trial for testing
- Hotspot Shield: Fast US-based VPN with a free version and 7-day free trial
How to sign up for a free trial VPN
- Pick a solid provider with an excellent trial offer. I'd go with NordVPN, the best VPN with a 7-day trial
- Claim the free trial according to the provider's terms
- Install the VPN and connect to any country location
- Test out the service risk-free!
Why you should claim a VPN free trial
Want to try out a VPN before committing to a subscription? Then you should go for a VPN that offers a free trial. It’s the perfect method for getting familiar with a service as it doesn’t impose any restrictions on bandwidth or other features. Unfortunately, not all services have this option, but there are other ways of getting to know a VPN.
For example, VPNs with free versions can also be considered because the no-cost plans provide just enough features to see if a premium subscription is worth it. Plus, they can be used indefinitely if you don’t mind the limitations.
However, everyone can agree that a free trial without drawbacks or credit card requirements is the best option. There are three providers with such an excellent combo – CyberGhost, Windscribe, and VPN Unlimited. Meanwhile, other VPNs offer limited free versions or won’t budge if you don’t provide payment details.
Keep in mind that these three are not necessarily the best VPNs overall. As such, they’re not at the top of our list. Instead, we tested virtual private networks with free trials and ranked them by performance. Particularly, we paid special attention to these criteria:
- High connection speed
- Large selection of servers and countries
- Reliable levels of encryption and data protection
- Ready-made VPN apps for all platforms
- The best reviews on Reddit.
Cooltechzone has been researching VPN services for over five years, and we know that not all of them are created equal. Most VPNs, in our opinion, offer an insufficient selection of countries, do not use up-to-date VPN protocols such as WireGuard, do not maintain a stable connection, and have many other disadvantages.
Peruse our recommendations and ensure that the free trial VPN you choose is right for your needs.
All of these VPNs allow you to reliably protect your Internet connection, hide your location, and unblock most sites. However, keep in mind that free versions don’t unlock all features, such as:
- Streaming support and geo-block circumvention on Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, or Hulu.
- Safe torrenting.
- Support for TVs and game consoles.
Some of the VPN free trials described here can only be claimed on mobile phones or tablets. However, once NordVPN or Surfshark is claimed on either app store, customers can install and use the app on any other device. Meanwhile, VyprVPN permits continued use only on the phone that grabbed the offer.
Either way, don’t forget to cancel the trial or else you’ll be signed up for a long-term subscription.
Meanwhile, time-limited free trials offer the full set of features for you to play around with.
Next you will learn:
- Why you should use a free trial
- How we picked the best free trial VPNs
- VPNs with alternative testing methods
- How to claim various free trials
Rather than categorizing the services based on the convenience of their free trials, we’ve picked them by their VPN qualities. That means the #1 provider on this list, NordVPN, will give you the best overall experience while connected to the virtual private network. Remember that the trial requires using an Android device and adding payment details. After that, you may use the service however you wish.
If you’re looking for VPN free trials without any limitations or credit card requirements, check out CyberGhost, Windscribe, or VPN Unlimited. You can test these three services completely for free without providing payment information. Plus, most virtual private networks even have a month-long money-back guarantee once you’ve committed to a premium subscription. So don’t hesitate to give any of these VPNs a test run before picking a favorite!
NordVPN is the best free trial VPN currently available. You can claim it on the Google Play Store via your Android device. You’ll need to provide credit card information, but don’t worry – a 30-day money-back guarantee is available if you forget to cancel the trial on time. Pricing starts at $2.99/month once the testing period is over.
Wicked-fast connectivity is conducted with the NordLynx tunneling protocol, an in-house extension of the open-source WireGuard. Meanwhile, the fleet consists of 5900+ servers across 60+ countries for easy access to popular TV shows and movies worldwide. Additionally, practically flawless file-sharing via torrenting is available when connecting to P2P servers.
In terms of security, the primary defender of NordVPN users is Threat Protection. It blocks viruses, malware, trackers, malicious ads, and more. On the other hand, you can circumvent common network restrictions by connecting to obfuscated servers to battle Deep Packet Inspection. Learn more about this provider by reading our complete NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN is the ideal choice if you want to be on the forefront of VPN technology. Potential customers can get a taste of this service by grabbing the trial on either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You gain free access to Surfshark for 7 days by adding your payment information. Thankfully, a 30-day money-back guarantee has your back. Plus, subscriptions are crazy-affordable and begin at $2.21/month.
You’ll be surfing the net at ludicrous speeds thanks to the WireGuard tunneling protocol. Furthermore, the entire 3200+ server network across 100+ countries is stacked with RAM-only technology for ultimate privacy and data protection. Plus, the implementation of SDN (Software Defined Networking) via the Nexus update improved performance substantially.
This VPN is a solid choice if you want to unlock the full potential of your streaming subscriptions. Surfshark works great with Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and countless other services. Best of all, you’ll have no trouble enjoying the benefits of this VPN on practically any device, thanks to Smart DNS, dedicated apps, and router compatibility.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete Surfshark VPN review.
Privacy enthusiasts should give Proton VPN a shot. It’s open-source, independently audited, and based in Switzerland. It doesn’t have a conventional trial option and instead provides a free plan with fewer features (no streaming and P2P-supported servers) but unlimited browsing data. If you’re not into that, the complete package starts at $3.99/month and is gift-wrapped with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Strap in because Proton VPN facilitates some of the fastest connections by combining WireGuard with its proprietary VPN Accelerator technology. Moreover, an absence of annoying roadblocks is guaranteed with NetShield, an ad-blocking feature for keeping malware and trackers at bay. Additionally, impenetrable security is available by connecting to multiple Secure Core servers.
Besides that, Proton VPN is capable of unlocking extra movies and TV shows on some of the most popular streaming platforms. However, it’s not as great as other VPNs for Netflix since the provider is focused on security and privacy.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete Proton VPN review.
4. Atlas VPN
If your budget is tight, consider trying out only the cheapest available VPN services, such as Atlas VPN. While affordable, this provider performs extremely well in various use cases and will secure an unlimited number of devices. Interested users can give this service a shot via the limited free plan. Sadly, this option only includes servers in the USA and the Netherlands while also failing to unblock bonus streaming content.
There’s no shortage of features on the security front. First off, you can enable SafeBrowse to wipe away pesky ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts. On the other hand, SafeSwap can keep you invisible online by switching your IP address frequently without interrupting the VPN connection. Lastly, Multihop+ reroutes your connection through multiple servers and alternates your IP intermittently.
Online entertainment fans aren’t left behind since Atlas VPN has specialized streaming servers for unblocking geo-restricted content. The virtual private network is a go-to choice for accessing Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and other services. You’ll be able to enjoy your favorite movies in crisp 4K by enabling the lightning-fast WireGuard tunneling protocol.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete Atlas VPN review.
Completely risk-free testing is available with CyberGhost VPN – a service that grants a trial even when you don’t provide payment information. The testing period is 24 hours to prevent abuse, but that’s plenty for trying out the countless features of this provider. Plus, it’s wicked cheap (starts at only $2.03/month) and includes a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost leads a massive fleet of over 10200 servers scattered across 100+ countries. Picking the perfect one for your intended activities is especially easy because the servers are categorized by activities, for example, streaming, torrenting, and gaming. Furthermore, you can select an optimal protocol for your device since the service has multiple options, including WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2.
One CyberGhost VPN subscription includes security for up to seven different devices simultaneously. The connection prevents IP and DNS leaks while keeping you secure when joining publicly-available Wi-Fi networks. If you need security and privacy for dealing with online censorship, utilize the NoSpy servers – a selection of provider-owned and operated servers right on their home turf.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete CyberGhost VPN review.
If you want unhindered Swiss-level privacy for free, have a look at VyprVPN. It has a 3-day trial available on either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and a follow-up 30-day money-back guarantee. Once you’re done, subscriptions start at a whopping $5.00/month.
VyprVPN is a long-lasting veteran of the industry and one of the first to go through an independent no-logs policy audit. Combine that with its solid security features, and you have a trustworthy provider for 360-degree protection. Plus, it can slither shockingly fast by enabling WireGuard. Meanwhile, sneaking around online censorship is a cakewalk with the proprietary Chameleon protocol.
Most users will have difficulty making use of the generous 30 simultaneous device limit. If somehow that’s not enough, the one-of-a-kind router app is available for securing an entire network conveniently while using up just one connection slot. Geo-block takedowns are not the strong suite of VyprVPN, but it’s possible to unblock Netflix and other US streaming services like HBO Max.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete VyprVPN review.
Another card-free VPN trial that should appeal to risk avoiders is Windscribe. Potential users can register a new account and then ask Garry, the local chatbot, for a free trial. He’ll upgrade your account to premium for one day for unrestricted testing.
Once you’re finished, you’re back on the free version. Alternatively, you can shell out $4.08/month for the premium plan, which is secured by a measly 3-day money-back guarantee.
Windscribe users aren’t left behind in either speed or privacy. The former is guaranteed with WireGuard, while the latter is granted via Stealth or Wstunnel. Ad-free web surfing is ensured by enabling R.O.B.E.R.T., a customizable ad blocker for all devices. Meanwhile, the browser extension is filled with other aptly-named bonuses, such as Double Hop, Split Personality, Cookie Monster, and Time Warp.
If your needs are oddly specific, you can build a custom subscription plan where each country location costs $1.00/month. However, zero-budget users can use the free version if they don’t mind the 10 GB monthly data limit. Learn more about this provider by reading our complete Windscribe review.
8. VPN Unlimited
VPN Unlimited is the ultimate risk-free VPN for unhindered testing. The free trial lasts 7-days and credit card information isn’t mandatory, an exceptionally-appealing combo. And if you’re sold on this VPN, subscriptions start at $3.99/month and last between one month and a lifetime.
As the name suggests, VPN Unlimited is not in the business of imposing restrictions on anything. First off, connectivity is unhinged when blazing through the web with the modern WireGuard tunneling protocol. Additionally, it’s one of the very few services that offer limitless use via a lifetime subscription.
Of course, not everything with this service is a free-for-all. For starters, the number of simultaneous connections depends on your pricing plan and varies between 5 and 10. P2P activities are also limited to a dozen countries. Lastly, the lack of bonus security features leaves much to be desired.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete VPN Unlimited review.
Free and almost limitless use of a VPN is only available when opting for freemium services, such as Hide Me VPN. The no-cost version includes a 10 GB monthly data cap, five server locations, and an absence of certain features, for example, WireGuard. If that’s alright with you, go test it out. Otherwise, grab the fully-featured version for $2.43/month and get a refund later, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Users can facilitate VPN connections using a wide array of tunneling protocols, such as WireGuard, IKEv2, OpenVPN, and even SoftEther. Traffic congestion is minimal thanks to the wide-reaching network of + servers across 46+ countries. But if you do find the speeds lacking, consider enabling Bolt to prioritize TCP traffic.
Besides that, you can forego conventional connections and enjoy improved security using VPN Multihop. Meanwhile, split tunneling is available for customizing the relationship between the virtual private network and other applications. Lastly, paranoid buyers can utilize their hard-earned cryptocurrencies to pay for a Hide Me VPN subscription.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete Hide Me VPN review.
10. Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield is a VPN that supports users of all budgets. It has a free version, a 7-day trial, and a solid premium version. The trial is available on app stores and requires adding payment details to become available. However, you can also use the lengthy 45-day money-back guarantee to refund the somewhat expensive $2.99/month subscription.
This VPN stands out from the rest with its lightning-fast connections despite the lack of WireGuard. Instead, it uses the proprietary Hydra protocol to blaze through the information highway at top speeds. Plus, traffic congestion isn’t an issue with the extensive + server fleet across 80+ countries.
For its price, Hotspot Shield is somewhat barren of bonus security features. At least the VPN works great with various streaming services, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer. Plus, the trial allows customers to install the app on computers, mobile phones, browsers, and routers.
Learn more about this provider by reading our complete Hotspot Shield review.
Best free trial VPN comparison
Below, you’ll find a quick comparison of the Top 5 free trial VPN benefits. As you can see, virtual private networks with free versions don’t unlock the benefits that most users are looking for. In particular, torrenting and streaming content unblocking isn’t always supported.
|NordVPN||Surfshark||Proton VPN||Atlas VPN||CyberGhost|
|Jurisdiction||Panama||The Netherlands||Switzerland||United States||Romania|
|No-logs policy||Independently audited||Independently audited||Independently-audited||Unaudited||Independently audited|
|Speed||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps|
|Servers||5900+ servers in 60 countries||3200+ servers in 100 countries||3000+ servers in 69 countries||1000+ servers in 42 countries||10200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Review||NordVPN review||Surfshark review||Proton VPN review||Atlas VPN review||CyberGhost review|
Why you should use a free trial
As you can see, some of the best VPN services make it difficult to get a free trial without some kind of verification (typically payment information). This is because providers incur high costs from maintaining the server hardware and constantly updating the software, both essential for continued high-quality service.
At the same time, customers should try a VPN out before paying for it.
Here are just some of the reasons to use a free trial VPN:
- Getting familiar with the basic features of the virtual private network (speed, connection stability, user interface, DNS leak protection)
- Testing geo-restriction unblocking capabilities on various websites (including Netflix)
- Verifying security and privacy features
- Checking the quality of VPN applications on your devices
A free trial VPN is a time-limited subscription for trying out the full set of features a premium provider offers. As the name suggests, it doesn’t require investing any money.
There are two types of VPNs with a free trial period:
- Requiring a credit card when you sign up (NordVPN, Surfshark)
- Without requiring a card (CyberGhost, Windscribe)
That being said, both types of VPNs have the same functionality, and there is no point in choosing them based on this characteristic. You can also include freemium VPNs, such as Proton VPN and Atlas VPN. These virtual private networks provide a free version with a limited selection of features and other restrictions. However, you can use them as long as you like without investing anything.
Ultimately, choosing VPNs according to their test-validated characteristics is much more important.
How we picked the best free trial VPNs
Let me reiterate that the order of the providers on this list is not based on free trial convenience but on the quality of their service. You can decide yourself which aspects are crucial to you, but here are the criteria we considered when filling out this list.
- Connection speed. You want the VPN to run smoothly in the background and not cause frustration with excessive lagging and age-long loading times. Such an experience can be guaranteed if the provider has the latest tunneling protocols, for example, WireGuard.
- Streaming capabilities. The most popular VPN use case is unlocking bonus content on streaming platforms like Netflix or Disney Plus. It also depends greatly on connectivity if you’re used to buffer-free 4K streaming.
- Security features. For some, the primary reason for getting a VPN is online security. By definition, a VPN grants a certain level of protection via encryption and hiding your online activities. After that, it all depends on the bonus features that each provider implements.
- Server variety and quality. A diverse server and country selection is crucial for streaming, fast connections, torrenting, and much more. It ensures user connections aren’t concentrated in a handful of servers and allows unblocking a wide range of foreign content. Bonus quality points if the fleet is bare-metal, RAM-only, and can facilitate 10 Gbps speeds.
- Privacy policies. A strict no-logs policy and adherence to it is paramount if you want absolute confidentiality. You can be certain that a VPN is sticking to it if the service went through independent audits.
- Device compatibility. A VPN can guarantee airtight protection if you can utilize it on all devices that you own. Dedicated apps are preferable, but manual configuration is also acceptable if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. Some providers, for example, VyprVPN, make router setup easy with specialized router apps.
- Subscription price. An appealing subscription price is just as important as a good free trial. After all, the trial is pointless if you have no intention of signing up. This is why we selected high-quality VPN providers with affordable prices.
- Customer support options. Issues during the trial period can be resolved quickly by contacting customer support. Preferably, they’re available 24/7 via live chat for instantaneous problem-solving.
VPNs with different trial methods
Some VPN trials did not fit our criteria but are still worth mentioning as viable alternatives. To be exact, these virtual private networks can be tested by paying a small fee for the trial separately or via a money-back guarantee.
Worthwhile VPNs with money-back guarantees
Almost all premium VPNs offer a money-back guarantee – a pledge to refund your subscription if you’re not satisfied. Usually, this safety net lasts during the first month of signing up. Unsurprisingly, it doesn’t apply if you opt for a monthly subscription. Plus, the chances of a full refund are slim once the guarantee period ends.
It’s not an ideal free trial, but still worth mentioning if you’re not against putting your money on the line. Here are some great VPNs that offer 30-day money-back guarantees in the absence of free versions and trials.
- ExpressVPN. One of the most well-known premium VPNs on the market. It’s a great overall service but is set back by its exorbitant price, five simultaneous connections, and lack of no-cost testing methods.
- IPVanish. A solid jack-of-all-trades VPN with unlimited connections, fast WireGuard-powered speeds, good security features, but inconsistent results with streaming platforms like Netflix.
- Private Internet Access. Top pick for users who need a cheap and reliable VPN with a wide-reaching server fleet. You can use it to secure up to ten different devices simultaneously and customize your connection with advanced split tunneling. Unfortunately, it’s based in the US and isn’t great for streaming.
VPNs with paid trials or other promotions
Premium VPNs require payment details because that’s one of the best ways to prevent abuse and ensure that you’re not repeatedly using the free trial. However, you risk forgetting to cancel the trial and paying for a full-time subscription. Consider these VPNs with paid free trials if you’re afraid of that happening. The cost is meager and provides enough time to test out all available features.
- PureVPN. You can take this VPN for a spin by paying only $0.99 and getting a 7-day trial period. PureVPN is an excellent service with quantum-resistant encryption, fast connections with WireGuard, and an expansive server fleet.
- Ivacy VPN. Another service with a trial that costs less than a cup of coffee is Ivacy VPN. It’s a solid provider with cheap subscription plans, great performance, and reliable security.
- TorGuard. Like other free trial VPNs, TorGuard is available for free for 7-days if you add your credit card information. However, you can get an additional 30-days of free subscription time if you show proof of cancellation of another VPN service.
Are free trial VPNs secure?
The advantages of using trial versions are undeniable. However, one must be very careful because many providers use their free trials to force the customer to subscribe to expensive plans. I have found myself in sticky situations more than once before, and not only with VPNs.
So, how do you make use of a free trial safely?
- Pick a trustworthy VPN with excellent trial requirements. I recommend NordVPN if you don’t mind inputting credit card information. Alternatively, go with CyberGhost.
- Read the information about the provider carefully, especially if its free trial requires a card. Pay close attention to what plan will start after the trial period ends.
- Cancel the subscription before the free trial timer runs out. If you choose a VPN that asks for your billing data, you can be sure it will automatically subscribe you to a paid plan after the trial is over. It’s best not to risk and cancel the subscription 24 as soon as possible. Then you will be able to choose which plan you want of your own accord.
- Test the VPN for the duration of the trial with peace of mind.
Also, if you’d like a chance to get a refund, you should look at the Terms of service beforehand. Many services only provide a money-back guarantee to the users who haven’t used the free trial.
How to claim free trials
Each VPN provider has a different approach to claiming their free trial. Some have common and easy-to-understand ways, while others have more esoteric ideas.
Here are a few general guides if you’re unsure how to get started.
How to get a VPN free trial on the Google Play Store
- Search for and download the VPN app from the Google Play Store
- Click the Sign Up button to create a new account
- Choose one of the available subscription plans. You’ll be assigned this plan after the trial period ends
- Click Try Free to start your trial
- You can cancel the trial and avoid a premium plan by going to Payments and subscriptions back at the Google Play Store
- Find your VPN service and choose the Cancel Subscription option. You’ll still be able to use the VPN until the trial period ends
Google Play Store trials are available with NordVPN, Surfshark, VyprVPN, and Hotspot Shield.
How to get a VPN free trial on the Apple App Store
- Browse for the VPN on the App Store. Choose Get and then Install
- Open the application and sign in with your Apple ID to complete the subscription process
- Pick a subscription plan. It will be enabled after the trial ends and your card won’t be charged until then
- You can cancel the trial and avoid accidentally paying by going back to the App Store and clicking on your profile
- Find your VPN among the subscriptions and choose Cancel Free Trial, then Confirm. You can still make use of the VPN until the trial ends
The Apple App Store trial is available with Surfshark VPN, VyprVPN, and Hotspot Shield.
How to get the VyprVPN 3-day trial
- Search for VyprVPN on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Download and install it
- Open the app and sign up with a new account to start the 3-day free trial
- Pick the monthly plan and then click the Start Trial button
- Choose Subscribe on the billing information page. Don’t worry, you won’t be charged immediately
- Cancel the trial as soon as possible if you don’t want to pay for a subscription
How to get the Windscribe free trial
- Visit the Windscribe website and click the Login button
- Create a new account
- Download the Windscribe app on your preferred device
- Go back to the website and click the green chat button on the bottom right
- Ask Garry the chatbot to upgrade you to a Pro account
- Check your email address for the confirmation that your account has been upgraded for 24 hours
The time-limited free trial unlocks all premium features and gives you unrestricted browsing data to experience the full Windscribe package.
Free trials are the best way to get familiar with a VPN service without committing to a subscription. Some providers don’t offer fully-featured trials and instead argue that a free version is enough as an introduction to the service. Lastly, you can always take advantage of the commonly-available money-back guarantee as a means of testing a VPN. And don’t forget to stay up-to-date with the terms and conditions of these trials and refunds.
Which VPN from our list are you considering trying out? I’d recommend NordVPN if you’re still undecided. Or perhaps you’re interested in a service that doesn’t have a free trial? Share your frustrations by leaving a comment – they help keep Cooltechzone relevant and useful to other readers.
You may also like to read:
Which VPN has a 30-day free trial?
You can get a 30-day free trial of TorGuard by showing them proof of canceling a different VPN subscription. Otherwise, there are no other worthwhile VPNs with such an extended trial period. Luckily, you can always utilize the fairly common 30-day money-back guarantee to sign up for a VPN and then refund it during the first month if you’re not happy with the service.
How can I get a free trial of VPN without a credit card?
Three VPN services offer trials without credit cards – CyberGhost, VPN Unlimited, and Windscribe. The trials vary between 1 to 7 days and require creating a new account, but it’s a great risk-free option for getting introduced to these providers.
Which VPN has the longest free trial?
7 days is the most common trial period among VPN services. If one week is not enough, you should consider a freemium VPN, such as Atlas VPN. It’s a premium virtual private network with no-cost plans. Of course, the free plan isn’t as good as the paid option, but customers can use it indefinitely if they don’t exceed the data cap.
Is there a 100% free VPN?
Completely-free VPNs shouldn’t be trusted because they’re likely collecting and selling your data to make a profit. If you want to use a VPN for free, consider freemium services like Proton VPN and Atlas VPN. The free plans aren’t as feature-rich as the premium options, but at least your data will remain secure.
Does NordVPN have a free trial?
Yes, NordVPN has a free trial that you can claim on the Google Play Store with your Android device. It requires credit card information, but you can cancel the trial before it ends and you won’t be charged. Plus, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee that you can combine with the trial for risk-free testing for over a month.
Does ExpressVPN have a free trial?
No, ExpressVPN does not have a conventional free trial or even a free version. Instead, you’ll have to contend with the 30-day money-back guarantee. Simply sign up for the annual plan and ask for a refund before the month is over to get your investment back.