How to watch Disney Plus from anywhere with a VPN
A Disney Plus VPN (Virtual Private Network) is vital if you want to watch the geographically restricted streaming service anywhere. Learn how by reading our guide.
Disney+ is slowly becoming available in more countries worldwide. However, some regions still don’t have access to the coveted streaming service. Plus, certain countries have more movies and TV shows available than others. Luckily, you can remedy this issue using a VPN with Disney Plus.
- NordVPN: the best VPN for Disney+. Enjoy unparalleled connection speeds and compatibility with any streaming device while using this service.
- Surfshark VPN: ultra-fast Disney Plus VPN with unlimited connections. The WireGuard protocol and unlimited simultaneous connections result in excellent viewing experiences for the whole family.
- Atlas VPN: the most affordable VPN for Disney+. It costs less than $2 per month and provides wicked-fast speeds, limitless connections, and top-notch security.
- IPVanish: well-rounded Disney+ VPN for streaming and security. It’s packed with well-performing servers, reliable features, and a variety of apps.
- PrivateVPN: budget-friendly Disney Plus VPN. One of the best and most reliable streaming companions.
- Why do you need a VPN for Disney Plus?
- Overview of the best VPNs for Disney+
- How to watch Disney+ on different devices
- Disney Plus VPN not working?
- Countries where Disney Plus is available
- Can you watch Disney Plus for free?
How to watch Disney Plus with a VPN
- Subscribe to a top-notch VPN for streaming. I recommend NordVPN, one of the fastest available VPN services
- Download the VPN on your preferred movie-viewing device
- Connect to a country where Disney+ is available, for example, the United States
- Enjoy unblocked Disney Plus without any restrictions!
Why do you need a VPN for Disney Plus?
Licensing deals by broadcasting companies include various clauses that limit content distribution to a select number of countries. To put simply, TV shows and movies made by the Walt Disney Company are geographically restricted and unavailable in many parts of the world.
But how can an online service like Disney+ know where you’re located? By checking your IP address! If it’s from an unsupported country, you’ll be greeted with an annoying message about the service being unavailable in your region.
Thankfully, a streaming VPN can change your virtual location and, thus, your IP address too.
It does so by redirecting your connection through a server in a different country. Plus, this grants you military-grade encryption to prevent surveillance by other potential onlookers, like advertisers, your ISP (Internet Service Provider), and even your government.
Of course, the details are much more complicated than that. You can learn more by checking our article about virtual private network technology basics. Then you’ll know what sets the best VPNs apart from the rest.
Best VPNs for Disney+: overview
Unsurprisingly, a VPN slows down your connection because your rerouted web traffic has to travel further than usual. However, services can mitigate this effect by utilizing the latest technologies. For example, tunneling protocols play a considerable role in maintaining fast connections. Meanwhile, a wide-reaching server network grants access to foreign content and ensures low traffic congestion.
Besides that, a good VPN for streaming needs adequate IP leak prevention measures to ensure that your actual location remains under lock and key. This is vital for effective content unblocking. Naturally, security tools against viruses, ads, trackers, and other nuisances are also beneficial.
This is just a handful of criteria we considered when picking the best VPNs for Disney Plus. The first aspect was unblocking Disney+ effectively and reliably. But potential customers can’t ignore connection quality and other VPN features because they’re crucial for a pleasant content-viewing experience.
Read through our overview of these VPN services and pick one that catches your eye. Or learn more by reading the full reviews.
- Expansive 5400+ server network across 60+ countries
- Crazy-fast with the proprietary NordLynx protocol
- Independently-audited and based in Panama
- Great for Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, and more
- Loaded with excellent security features
- No router app
- Only 6 simultaneous devices
The best VPN for Disney Plus is NordVPN. It’s equipped with a massive network of 5400+ servers across 60+ countries, ensuring easy access to any foreign streaming platform. Additionally, customers won’t feel bogged down thanks to the lightning-fast NordLynx tunneling protocol, a proprietary version of the widely-used and modern WireGuard.
NordVPN is well-known for its reliable geo-block takedown capabilities. It’s a go-to choice among cinema enthusiasts to access more movies on HBO Max, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and, of course, Disney+. It’s compatible with a wide range of devices, including desktop & mobile devices, Android TV, and Amazon Fire OS. Alternatively, you can choose between router configuration or SmartPlay to take advantage of this VPN on alternative devices.
Meanwhile, digital security is covered with top-notch features like Threat Protection. It blocks ads, trackers, phishing attempts, and prevents viruses from entering your system. On the other hand, network restrictions can be dealt with using obfuscated servers. If that wasn’t enough, you can integrate NordVPN with the Tor Network using Onion over VPN.
Make use of the 30-day money-back guarantee and sign up ASAP for only $3.49/month. Your transaction won’t leave any trails if you utilize one of the numerous anonymous payment options.
Learn more by reading our complete NordVPN review.
- Well-performing 3200+ RAM-only server fleet in 65+ countries
- Unrivaled connectivity with WireGuard
- Solid stack of features at an affordable price
- Unlimited connections with one subscription
- Bonus antivirus capabilities available
- Unaudited no-logs policy
- Some features cost extra
With Surfshark VPN, you’ll have no problems unblocking Disney Plus no matter how many children, nieces or nephews you have. It permits unlimited simultaneous connections with one subscription, giving you the power to unblock epic animated movies for everyone you know and love.
First off, this VPN commands a fleet of 3200+ servers across 65+ countries. The entire network utilizes RAM-only hardware to prevent excessive data storage on hard drives. Meanwhile, breakneck connectivity is conducted with the top-performing WireGuard tunneling protocol. Additionally, the use of SDN (Software Defined Networking) technology improves performance further than most VPN providers can hope for.
Surfshark is one of the best equipped virtual private networks on the security front. The CleanWeb feature is responsible for blocking ads, trackers, and malware. Additionally, restrictive networks are quickly taken care of with Camouflage and NoBorders modes. And for convenience, you can enable Bypasser to limit the VPN connection to a handful of apps you choose.
Get started without worry by subscribing for only $2.49/month and utilizing the 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind. There are many payment options to choose from, including cryptocurrencies for confidentiality.
Learn more by reading our complete Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN
- Free plan option
- Affordable and effective
- Limitless connections
- Great for streaming and security
- Excellent WireGuard-powered connectivity
- Doesn’t support manual router configuration
- Free plan potentially doesn’t work with Disney+
If a Disney+ subscription is burning a hole in your pocket, consider Atlas VPN. It’s an excellent budget-friendly solution unlocking bonus streaming content and staying secure online.
Atlas VPN premium customers can pick from over 750 servers in 37+ countries. Meanwhile, free users are limited to 3 locations. No-cost users also don’t get access to streaming and SafeSwap servers for effective geo-restriction elimination and enhanced security. Another scathing issue with the free plan is the potentially-frustrating 10 GB monthly data cap.
Another excellent feature of this service is Multihop+. Besides conventional double VPN functionality, it periodically alternates your IP address and makes it even more difficult to track your online presence. It combines great with SafeBrowse – a feature that blocks malicious ads, trackers, and phishing attacks.
Familiarize yourself with this service using the free plan. It doesn’t promise access to Disney Plus, but it’s worth a shot if you’re unwilling to pay money. But if you are, premium pricing starts at only $1.99/month and unblocks Disney+ effortlessly.
Learn more by reading our complete Atlas VPN review.
- Minimal speed loss using WireGuard
- Independently-audited zero-logs policy
- Infinite device connections with one account
- Bonus antivirus protection
- Wide-reaching bare-metal 2000+ server fleet
- No free trial or free version
- Pricier than other options
If the other Disney Plus VPN options don’t seem appealing, take a look at IPVanish. It’s a well-rounded package for unblocking Disney+ and providing security for an unlimited number of devices simultaneously.
First, it boasts a network of 2000+ servers across 50+ countries. The entire fleet is bare-metal, meaning the provider is fully responsible for the hardware and uses it only for one purpose. Additionally, WireGuard and OpenVPN are available as tunneling protocol options on practically all supported devices.
Speaking of which, IPVanish is available on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Besides these common platforms, customers may use the VPN on Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, ChromeOS, and even routers. Best of all, absolute privacy is ensured because third parties have audited the provider’s no-logs practices.
Sadly, IPVanish doesn’t have a free version or trial to get started with. Luckily, each purchase is protected by a 30-day money-back guarantee. That means your $3.99/month investment is completely risk-free when signing up.
Learn more by reading our complete IPVanish review.
- Cheap and well-performing
- Versatile selection of features
- 200+ servers in 63+ countries
- 10 simultaneous connections
- 7-day free trial
- Doesn't have WireGuard
Another option for frugal streaming enthusiasts is PrivateVPN. At first glance, it appears as a subpar option with its meager server fleet and age-old tunneling protocols. But in reality, it does many things right behind the curtains to ensure top-notch performance while watching Disney Plus.
First off, the 200+ servers network across 63+ countries is further enhanced using High Quality Network. This is the practice of purchasing internet capacity from transit providers rather than intermediaries like most VPNs do. Additionally, PrivateVPN owns the entire server fleet, ensuring all hands on deck are trustworthy.
PrivateVPN runs on OpenVPN or the IKEv2 tunneling protocol. While not as fast as WireGuard, it’s enough to provide lag-free and even 4K streaming when connecting to distant server locations. Plus, you can use this VPN on ten different devices to unblock platforms like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, DAZN, and more.
If you’d like, the 7-day free trial is available on PrivateVPN’s official website. After that, subscriptions start at only $2.00/month and are insured with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more by reading our complete PrivateVPN review.
How to watch Disney+ on different devices
Streaming fans can experience the best movie-watching experience with Disney Plus by combining a VPN with their favorite TV screen. However, the fusion recipe can vary depending on the virtual private network service and your preferred device.
Luckily, we’ll provide you with a few general guidelines on how to get a VPN running on various devices.
- How to watch Disney Plus on PC
- How to watch Disney Plus on mobile devices
- How to watch Disney Plus on Amazon FireOS
- How to watch Disney Plus on Android TV
- How to watch Disney Plus on other devices
- Download a thoroughly-tested VPN for your operating system. NordVPN works great with Windows and Mac
- Connect to a server in a supported country, for example, the United States
- Visit the Disney Plus website and log in
- Sift through the endless content library without hindrances!
Desktop and laptop computers are exceptionally versatile and can do practically anything your heart desires. Luckily, virtual private network software is supported via dedicated apps, making geo-block circumvention on streaming platforms a breeze.
- Sign up for a mobile-friendly VPN service. NordVPN is a top choice for Android and iOS users
- Find your VPN provider’s app on your mobile device’s app store or go through the official website for extra reliability
- Download the VPN software, log in, and connect to a Disney+ supported country
- Revisit the app store and find the Disney Plus app
- Install it and enjoy unrestricted access to Disney+!
Mobile users take up a large portion of the VPN user base. As such, dedicated and easy-to-use apps are common among the top VPN services. Plus, you’ll need to get a VPN first so you could download the geo-restricted Disney+ app on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Pick a VPN compatible with Amazon FireOS. My go-to option is NordVPN, the best VPN for streaming
- Plug your Fire Stick into a TV monitor
- Boot it up and search for the VPN on the Amazon Appstore
- Download the VPN and connect to a country with access to Disney+
- Now browse for the Disney Plus application
- Install it, log in, and watch whatever you please!
Amazon FireOS devices, such as the Fire Stick and Fire TV, are popular home-entertainment devices. As such, many VPN providers made specialized apps for this platform. They’re conveniently available on the Amazon Appstore or via .apk files.
- Subscribe to a VPN with Android TV apps. Our #1 contender is NordVPN
- Boot up your Android TV device
- Head to the Google Play Store and find your virtual private network provider
- Download the app and connect to a country where Disney Plus is available
- Refresh the app store and search for the Disney+ app
- Install it and explore the expansive library it offers!
Practically all VPNs with Android apps can be utilized on Android TV devices as well. Users can do it conveniently via dedicated apps or by fiddling with apk files. Either way, you’ll have no roadblocks to enjoying Disney content on your home big screen.
- Choose a VPN service that’s compatible with routers. I recommend NordVPN
- Find the instructions on how to set up your particular home router with your chosen virtual private network
- Set the location to a country where Disney+ is available. Your best bet is the United States
- Connect any device to the freshly-configured router network
- Check your IP address to ensure that the installation is working properly
- Add your preferred movie-watching device to the router network
- Visit the Disney Plus channel and watch your desired content!
Sadly, not all devices can facilitate a VPN connection natively. In such cases, you’ll need to configure your router manually with a virtual private network. That way, any device connected to that router will be blessed with VPN benefits. Just make sure that you opt for a reliable VPN for routers.
Disney Plus VPN not working?
Unfortunately, most online streaming services don’t take kindly to our efforts to circumvent geo-blocking. While they don’t ban customers for using VPNs, they frequently block VPN IP addresses from accessing Disney+. Luckily, there are ways to get back on track if Disney Plus isn’t working while a VPN is enabled.
- Connect to a different server. The first thing you can do is switch to a different VPN server. This method will fix the issue if a particular server IP address is blocked.
- Check for IP and DNS leaks. If you’re constantly unable to access Disney+ with a VPN, perhaps your true IP or DNS requests are leaking. Check your IP online to see if the virtual private network is working as intended.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies. If you’re using a browser to watch Disney+, you should clear your cache and browser cookies as these could be exposing your true location and preventing geo-block circumvention.
- Update your VPN software. A VPN won’t work as intended if your software is outdated. See if there’s a newer version available and update your software if necessary.
- Enable Stealth VPN or other similar features. There’s always the possibility that a service or website is checking for VPN traffic. Enable security features that mask virtual private network traffic and make it appear as regular web activity to circumvent more advanced restrictions.
- Contact customer support. Your last line of defense. They’ll know of more tricks or inform you if the VPN is incapable of unblocking Disney+.
Countries where Disney Plus is available
Disney Plus coverage is getting wider by the minute. The streaming service started off as a US-exclusive platform but has since expanded to other markets. This grants multiple benefits because more people gain access to it. Meanwhile, VPN customers can utilize a wider array of servers to unblock Disney+ if it’s still unavailable in their home country.
Here’s a list of countries where Disney Plus is reachable. Just remember that not all VPN server locations will unblock the streaming service so your best option is to pick a server in the United States for the greatest selection of content.
|Europe||Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, Wallis and Futuna|
|North America||Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, French West Indies, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, the US|
|South America||Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, the Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela|
|Asia||Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand|
|Africa and Oceania||Australia, Mauritius, Mayotte, New Zealand, Reunion|
How to watch Disney+ in unavailable countries
- Sign up to a reliable VPN for Disney Plus. Our top choice is NordVPN, the best streaming VPN
- Download the VPN on your preferred content-viewing device
- Connect to a country where Disney+ is available, such as the USA
- Launch Disney+ and enjoy its vast library of movies and shows!
Can you watch Disney Plus for free?
You’re probably aware of free VPN providers. You may also ask the question of whether a service like that would work with Disney Plus. Unfortunately, the answer is no.
Free VPN services can be split into two categories:
- Free plans of freemium services like Atlas VPN
- Completely free VPNs
Both have reasons for not unblocking streaming services like Disney+. The first one reserves that feature for paying customers. Meanwhile, the second option doesn’t have the necessary resources to have that many IP addresses or the countless other essential features for getting around geo-blocks.
Besides that, fully free VPNs have other potential dangers. It’s likely they’re collecting user data and selling it to compensate for the lack of any revenue. Plus, adware and virus injections are also common among unreliable software. That means you’d be negating the essential security and privacy aspects of VPN and causing more harm than good for yourself.
If you’re undeterred, at least go for freemium VPNs, such as Atlas VPN or Proton VPN. They have servers in the US so there’s the possibility of unblocking Disney Plus. However, keep in mind that many other users had this idea and the small pool of free IP addresses is most likely already blocked.
Another alternative is VPNs with free trials. You can try them out for a limited time and if you find one that works for you – consider subscribing for unlimited access to Disney+ with a VPN. Or you can cycle through different trials and binge-watch your favorite shows in record time!
What to watch on Disney Plus
Some might be surprised to hear just how many digital properties are under the Walt Disney Company umbrella.
Firstly, they have all the Disney Animation classics and modern reboots, such as Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and more. Additionally, Disney+ is home to the latest Marvel Cinematic Universe installments, such as Moon Knight, Loki, Black Widow, and Guardians of the Galaxy. And let’s not forget about the most popular space opera ever – Star Wars. The latest Obi-Wan Kenobi series has just been released, with much more exciting content on the way.
Below is a table with a glimpse at some of the most appealing shows and movies currently available on Disney Plus.
|Hawkeye||Andor||Lamp Life||Ice Age: Scrat Tales|
|Moon Knight||Ahsoka||Ciao Alberto||Baymax|
|The Eternals||The Mandalorian||Dug Days||Monsters at Work|
|Loki||Obi-Wan Kenobi||Forky Asks a Question||Just Beyond|
Although the number of users who need a VPN for Disney Plus is getting smaller, it’s still not insignificant. Plus, we can’t forget the countless security and privacy benefits of a VPN. Besides that, customers can use the same Disney+ VPN for other streaming services they’re subscribed to.
Don’t miss the latest MCU or Star Wars releases by getting NordVPN to guarantee access to the Disney streaming platform!
Is there anything you’re excited about from the upcoming releases? And what’s your experience unblocking Disney+ with a VPN? Share your experiences; it’ll help other Cooltechzone readers immensely!
You may also like to read:
Does Disney Plus work with a VPN?
Yes, Disney Plus works with any streaming-focused VPN service. All you have to do is subscribe to a reliable provider, connect to a server in the United States, and then boot up Disney+. Then you’ll have access to all the exclusive content ordinarily unavailable in your region.
Why is Disney Plus not working with VPN?
There are many reasons why Disney Plus might not work with a VPN. First off, you might be connecting from a server with a blocked IP address. In that case, you’ll have to switch to another one. Alternatively, your IP or DNS requests could be leaking, exposing your true whereabouts, and preventing effective content unblocking. Either way, your best bet is to contact customer support if you want to resolve the issue quickly.
Is it illegal to use a VPN with Disney Plus?
No, there are no laws against using a VPN with Disney Plus or any other streaming service. The worst-case scenario is that you’ll be unable to access the streaming platform while the VPN is on. But there’s no chance of you getting blocked because no business would ban paying customers.
How can I get Disney Plus outside of the US?
If you’re in a country where Disney Plus is unavailable, you’ll need the assistance of a virtual private network for Disney Plus. It can change your digital location and thus grant the ability to access Disney+ and other US-exclusive streaming services, such as HBO Max. All you have to do is subscribe and connect to a server in the United States, and voila!