Best VPN for Binance in 2023
Since 2019, US traders have been barred from accessing the binance.com trading platform. Luckily, a Binance VPN (Virtual Private Network) can fix this injustice.
Using a VPN while trading cryptocurrencies is a great way to keep your transactions secure and fully anonymous. Additionally, you can access trading platforms like Binance, which impose geographical restrictions and block users from the USA.
Continue reading to learn which services best keep your digital assets secure and accessible from anywhere.
- NordVPN: the best VPN for Binance. It’s audited, packed with excellent security features, and great for anonymity fans.
- Surfshark VPN: ultra-secure and effective Binance VPN. Surfshark has loads of exceptional features for staying secure and unseen online.
- Atlas VPN: the most affordable VPN for Binance. A free plan and low subscription prices make it appealing to frugal investors.
- IPVanish: well-rounded Binance VPN for privacy. A medium-priced jack-of-all-trades provider with tools for every scenario.
- Proton VPN: trustworthy VPN for Binance. Open-source software, Swiss jurisdiction, and independent audits make this an exceptional provider.
How to use a VPN with Binance
- Sign up for a VPN with a diverse selection of servers. My #1 choice for Binance is NordVPN
- Download the VPN on your favorite crypto-trading device
- Connect to a server country where Binance is unrestricted
- Visit Binance.com and trade completely anonymously!
Why do you need a VPN for Binance?
Binance is one of the most popular and widely-used cryptocurrency trading platforms available. It facilitates trading with over 600 cryptocurrencies and even supports NFTs (non-fungible tokens). The marketplace also boasts around 90 million users and some of the lowest transaction fees, which should appeal to crypto experts and newbies alike.
Unfortunately, governments worldwide fear the implications of decentralized currencies and impose various restrictions and regulations on anything related to it. This includes crypto trading platforms like Binance. As a result, users from the United States and a few other countries can’t access Binance without the assistance of a well-performing VPN.
What is a virtual private network, you may ask? Simply put, it’s software that can change your digital location, IP address, and keep your online activities private with the help of military-grade encryption. It does so by rerouting your connection through a server in another country, tricking online services into thinking you’re visiting from there.
This method is useful in many settings, including streaming on platforms like Netflix, torrenting privately, circumventing censorship, and securely trading crypto. A virtual private network keeps you safe and anonymous no matter what you’re doing, so long as you pick one of the best available VPN services.
Keep in mind that some VPNs are better than others for certain tasks. For example, streaming VPNs have ludicrous speeds, excellent device compatibility, and unwavering geo-block takedown abilities. For Binance benefits, you’ll need a provider with a different toolbelt.
A solid VPN for Binance requires unbreakable security, tight-lipped privacy, and lightning-fast connectivity. A virtual private network can fulfill these criteria with several essential features, such as:
- VPN kill switch
- Zero IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks
- Modern tunneling protocols
- Wide-reaching server network
- Strict no-logs policy
- Privacy-respecting jurisdiction
- Anonymous payment methods
Unsurprisingly, not all virtual private networks out there have these necessities available. But if you want to avoid issues while visiting Binance from restricted countries, you’ll need these features at the ready. This is why we sifted through the numerous available VPN services and narrowed down your options to five services with these tools.
The best VPN for Binance is NordVPN. Its subscription package includes everything you’ll ever need while trading cryptocurrency or other digital assets.First, the fleet comprises 5900+ servers across 60+ countries, giving you plenty of options for unblocking Binance. Additionally, the majority of the hardware is RAM-only to ensure no user data is stored on hard drives. Meanwhile, top-notch connection quality is provided with the proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol.
Prolific crypto traders are frequently targeted by various scams, including malicious ads and phishing attempts. Luckily, NordVPN has your back with the Threat Protection feature. It blocks ads, trackers, and prevents malware from entering your system. Plus, you can use obfuscated servers to circumvent sophisticated network restrictions.
Confidentiality is ensured from start to finish when paying for a NordVPN subscription anonymously using cash or cryptocurrencies. Pricing starts at $2.99/month and comes gift-wrapped with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more about NordVPN by reading our extensive NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN
If you’ve lost count of your devices that need digital protection, consider Surfshark VPN. It provides near-flawless performance, limitless simultaneous connections with one account, and an approachable price.
Surfshark customers gain access to an expansive network of 3200+ servers across 100+ countries. Furthermore, 100% of the hardware utilizes RAM-only technology for guaranteed privacy and data integrity. Meanwhile, users can facilitate VPN connections with either WireGuard, OpenVPN, or IKEv2.
A frustration-free web surfing experience is ensured if you enable CleanWeb. It wipes away annoying ads, online trackers, and malware-infested domains. On the other hand, VPN restrictions are child’s play with the help of Camouflage and NoBorders modes. And if you want to take your online security to the next level, check out the bonus benefits of Surfshark One.
No one will know of your VPN subscription if you purchase it using cryptocurrencies. Pricing starts at merely $2.21/month and is enhanced with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more about Surfshark by reading our full Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN
Want to save as much money as possible for NFT investing? Then go with Atlas VPN – the cheapest VPN for Binance. It even has a free version, but it’s of little use for unblocking Binance due to only offering servers in the USA and the Netherlands.
The network consists of 1000+ servers across 42+ countries. It’s conveniently split into categories for streaming and privacy. The latter includes SafeSwap and Multihop+ locations for keeping potential snoopers at bay by alternating your IP address and location. Of course, they’ll have difficulty catching up if you’re running at top speed with the WireGuard protocol.
If you’re ever tired of trading crypto and making loads of money, try using Atlas VPN to unlock bonus streaming content. It works remarkably well with platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, and many more. Plus, this VPN has apps for desktop, mobile devices, and even Android TV.
Experience the full potential of Atlas VPN and subscribe for only $1.64/month. If you’re unhappy with it, take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee. Alternatively, get familiar with the service using the free plan.
Learn more about Atlas VPN by reading our complete Atlas VPN review.
Besides servers in Binance-friendly countries, a VPN should provide bonus security and adequate performance. IPVanish is great at providing these with WireGuard, VIPRE antivirus software, and unlimited connections.
IPVanish commands a massive fleet of 2200+ servers in 50+ countries. All hardware is owned by the provider and isn’t used for any other purpose. Plus, there are no virtual servers, resulting in better performance. Of course, there’s hardly room for speed improvement when the service provides the modern WireGuard tunneling protocol.
Some privacy enthusiasts might scoff at the idea of using a US-based VPN provider. But there’s no need to worry since IPVanish’s zero-logs policy was audited by Leviathan Security Group. However, it’s disappointing that the service doesn’t support anonymous payment methods when subscribing.
Potential buyers can get started with IPVanish using the 30-day money-back guarantee. Pricing begins at $2.99/month.
Learn more about IPVanish by reading our full IPVanish review.
5. Proton VPN
If you’re obsessed with staying anonymous online, check out Proton VPN. Professionals verified the integrity of this service during numerous independent audits. Besides that, the software is open-source if you’d like to glimpse at the code yourself. Moreover, there’s an unlimited free plan if you’re looking for a risk-free introduction.
The whole Proton VPN network consists of over 3000 servers in 69+ countries. It includes fortified Secure Core locations for users needing unrivaled protection and privacy. Furthermore, mind-boggling connectivity results from combining WireGuard, VPN Accelerator, and 10 Gbit servers in one neat package.
Surfing the web without leaving a trace or stumbling upon annoying roadblocks is feasible using the NetShield feature. It blocks ads, protects against malware, and nullifies online trackers. Additionally, Proton VPN is an excellent companion for visiting the dark web. Tor over VPN servers provide much-needed security and convenient access to the underbelly of the internet.
Proton VPN’s free version is one of the best on the market. It provides great security and unlimited data for browsing. But if you want the complete set of features, you’ll need to cough up $4.99/month. Thankfully, you can reconsider during the first month, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.Learn more about Proton VPN by reading our complete Proton VPN review.
How to choose the best Binance VPN
Besides specific technical features, potential buyers should take some general traits into consideration before picking a VPN for Binance. Here’s what we prioritize when choosing a virtual private network for crypto trading.
- Security features. Arguably the most important characteristic of any VPN. Without it, you won’t be able to get around any geographical blocks, network restrictions or stay anonymous. Security includes basic features for preventing IP leaks and more substantial threats like malware or viruses. When visiting Binance, it’s vital to ensure zero chance of your true location's exposure.
- Privacy practices. Crypto enthusiasts are well-aware that cryptocurrencies aren’t fully anonymous. Of course, users can fix this minor detail by activating a privacy-ensuring VPN. Confidentiality is guaranteed if the service is outside the Fourteen Eyes alliance, adheres to a zero-logs policy, and provides anonymous payment methods.
- Server locations and hardware. You won’t go far if your chosen VPN doesn’t have servers in countries where Binance is available. Thankfully, the list of region options is typically available online. However, you should also pay attention to the hardware side of the network – who owns the servers, is it bare-metal, does it use RAM-only technology, etc.
- Connection speed and quality. Trading isn’t the most data-intensive activity imaginable, but staying up-to-date on changing crypto prices in real-time is essential. That’s why your VPN needs fast and reliable connectivity, which is only possible via modern tunneling protocols.
- Subscription price. A VPN subscription is a drop in the ocean if you have the means to trade cryptocurrencies. Just remember two things – a free VPN isn’t enough to access Binance, while the most expensive services aren’t necessarily the best either.
- Device compatibility. The most optimal devices for trading are desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets. The majority of VPNs support these platforms, but if you want more versatility, consider a service with greater device compatibility.
- 24/7 customer support. A rarely-used feature if you’re somewhat tech-savvy. Still, it’s nice to have in situations where you can’t resolve everything yourself.
Binance not working with a VPN?
There’s always the off-chance you’ll run into issues while using a VPN to access Binance. Luckily, crypto fans can easily resolve potential roadblocks if they’re equipped with the right knowledge of what to do in such situations.
Here are a few potential solutions.
- Switch to a different server or country. Perhaps the IP address you’re connecting from is flagged by Binance and blocked from the site. If that's the case, try switching to a different server or another country.
- Check for IP and DNS leaks. A faulty VPN connection won’t get anything done if your actual IP address is visible. See what’s your IP address and if it matches the one in the VPN application.
- Update your VPN software. Outdated software is like an after-hours employee – it just won’t work. Check if any updates are pending and get the latest version for the best results.
- Contact customer service. If nothing works, consider contacting the customer service of your VPN provider. Perhaps some servers are down, or the virtual private network is unable to access Binance in general.
Binance restricted countries
The Binance restricted countries list includes not only the United States but a dozen other regions across the globe. Traders from these countries can’t access binance.com, the main decentralized exchange platform with all the benefits. They may try binance.us, but it doesn’t compare to the real deal.
|Binance restricted countries|
|Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Burma, Canada, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Côte D’Ivoire, the Crimea region of Ukraine, Croatia, Cuba, Herzegovina, Italy, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldova, Netherlands, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, United Kingdom, United States of America, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe|
If you’re in any of these regions, you’ll need an effective VPN to connect to another country and enjoy unrestricted trading on Binance.
How to access Binance in the US with a VPN
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN for Binance. I can always rely on NordVPN
- Download and install the VPN on your device
- Connect to a country where Binance is available
- Enjoy unrestricted crypto trading on Binance from anywhere!
Best free VPN for Binance
It should come as no surprise that you won’t find a viable free VPN for Binance. And the reason for that is quite simple – no-cost VPNs don’t have servers in countries where Binance is available.
Even reliable freemium services like Atlas VPN and Proton VPN only have USA, Netherlands, and Japan as connection options. And as you probably know, Binance is restricted there. Therefore, we’re left with no choice but to recommend premium VPN options.
Additionally, fully-free VPNs have other issues as well. For starters, their security features are subpar and the connection speeds are slow. Furthermore, there’s the possibility of them collecting excessive amounts of data about you to sell and recoup VPN maintenance costs.
Overall, it’s not worth risking your crypto savings by using a free VPN for Binance. Invest some of your earnings into digital security and purchase a secure virtual private network.
Crypto regulations are in flux, and it’s possible that even more countries will be barred from Binance in the future. Therefore, you should get a VPN as soon as possible to ensure anonymity and unrestricted access to your favorite cryptocurrency exchange. I entrust my digital assets to NordVPN and I suggest you do the same.
What’s your secure crypto trading setup like? Does it involve using a VPN? Or maybe you’ve switched to a different cryptocurrency exchange? Share your pro tips by leaving a comment!
You may also like to read:
- How to get unbanned from Omegle
- Best VPNs for Stake
- Best free trial VPNs
- Best VPN for Roobet
- Best VPN for Coinbase
- How to watch Disney Plus
What’s the best VPN for Binance?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Binance. It’s located in privacy-respecting Panama and went through multiple independent audits to prove its confidentiality. Plus, it’s equipped with top-of-the-line security features for preventing data leaks and viruses from entering your devices.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Binance?
Yes, technically, it’s legal to use a VPN with Binance. However, connecting to the exchange from a restricted country goes against the platform's terms of service. If you’re detected, this could result in your account getting suspended. Luckily, this is unlikely to happen if you’re using one of our recommended VPNs for Binance.
Can I use a free VPN for Binance?
No, using a free VPN with Binance is not recommended. For starters, most no-cost options don’t have servers in countries where the crypto exchange is available. Furthermore, their security and privacy features are subpar at best and potentially dangerous at worst. Don’t risk your digital investments and use a premium VPN for Binance.
How to unblock Binance with a VPN?
First, subscribe to a reliable Binance VPN. Then, download the VPN software on your trading device. Login and connect to a server not on the Binance restricted countries list. After that, you’re ready to trade securely!