Best VPNs for Playing Stake in the USA (2022)
Stake is a popular online gambling website where you can test your luck by betting with cryptocurrency. Deposit and withdrawal options include the popular Bitcoin and Ether alongside Ripple, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Tron, and Eos currencies.
The most alluring aspect that draws players in is Stake’s versatility – there’s a bit of something for everyone here. Pre-match and in-game bettings are available for various sports leagues and events, then there’s the casino packed with more than a thousand slot games. Even virtual sports aren’t off the table here either.
Because online betting isn’t legal everywhere and is severely restricted in many regions, Stake casino is fully available only in select countries. Due to laws and regulations, US citizens can’t access this platform either, making them miss out on potential earnings.
It’s another case of geo-blocking that can easily be snuck through with a Virtual Private Network, or VPN for short. This technology cloaks your IP address and internet traffic, allowing you to enter websites and use services unavailable in the United States of America.
Best VPNs for Stake: shortlist
- NordVPN: the best VPN for Stake overall, great for accessing all kinds of blocked websites and services.
- Surfshark VPN: a Stake casino VPN that doesn’t have a device limit and comes with plenty of security tools.
- Atlas VPN: the cheapest Stake VPN that is suitable for online gambling, streaming, torrenting, and more.
- IPVanish: allows to play Stake in the US and everywhere else it is banned in.
- PrivateVPN: a versatile VPN to play Stake, unlock foreign content, download files via torrents, and more.
- Why do you need a VPN to play Stake in the US
- Best VPNs for Stake: a detailed list
- How I tested and selected VPNs for Stake
- How to play Stake casino from anywhere in 2022
- The best VPN locations for Stake
- Stake not working with VPN
- Do I recommend using a free VPN for Stake
- Final thoughts
How to play Stake with VPN
- Subscribe to the best VPN for Stake. NordVPN hasn’t disappointed me yet.
- Download the software and install it on your device. Stake has dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android systems, and thankfully most VPN providers follow the same practice.
- Connect to a server in a country where Stake is available. The perfect places for the US crowd, in this case, are Mexico and Canada.
Before you open Stake, make sure all appropriate features are turned on and that your actual location isn’t leaking. It’s especially crucial for the kill switch to be enabled as it will shut down the internet if the VPN connection drops for one reason or another.
As I’ve pointed out earlier, Stake casino services are partially or entirely blocked in many regions. A lot of it boils down to governments simply outlawing online gambling for moral or financial reasons, with many implying that it’s the perfect place for money laundering. Even big countries like the US and Australia have massively banned such services.
On a different note, like any other online service, Stake isn’t entirely safe from cyber threats. While it does have some essential protection mechanisms, the platform remains vulnerable to hackers. And this crowd especially loves targeting places where big sums of money are being thrown around daily.
Getting a VPN for Stake fixes these pressing issues by encrypting your traffic and changing your IP address into another one. All you have to do is connect to a country where Stake is allowed, and you can start betting. And malicious actors won’t be able to target you if they can’t get a hold of your actual IP.
Another useful thing about such tools is that they make all internet activities more secure. Utmost privacy is guaranteed, no matter what you’re up to – accessing government-restricted websites, exploring foreign media, sharing files via P2P, or even dabbling in online gaming. If you’re not familiar with VPN basics, check out our article about that.
The main aspects any best VPN for Stake should have but are not limited to:
- massive servers fleets for ensuring easy geo-block circumvention
- lightning-fast speeds and preferably the latest tunneling protocols
- tools to ensure utmost privacy and security for all online activities
The services I’ve listed here quickly & easily broke through Stake’s geographical restrictions and had no problems accessing other kinds of blocked platforms. Furthermore, they have the right tool suites, excellent speeds for optimal performance, and plenty of servers in Canada and Mexico for accessing Stake in the US.
- 5200+ servers in 60 countries
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- A powerful feature package, including 2 kill switches
- NordLynx tunneling protocol for excellent speeds
- Great for P2P file-sharing, unblocking streaming, surfing the web
- Anonymous payment options
- Doesn’t have a router app
- Only 6 simultaneous devices
The best Stake VPN, in my humble opinion, is NordVPN. The provider was proven to be reliable in the privacy department by PwC, which audited its no-logs policy and found no issues. Moreover, your online identity remains safe under wraps no matter what. There are two kill switches in case the VPN stops functioning altogether:
- One is system-wide that disconnects your internet
- Another is app-level that disconnects specific applications
Now, Stake-starved US citizens will finally be able to play their hearts out since the massive network includes over several hundred servers in Mexico and Canada alone. Untimely, lag won’t ruin your experience either if you utilize the in-house NordLynx protocol, the fastest in the industry.
Besides beating the odds at poker, you can also safely and privately engage in other kinds of activities with NordVPN. It’s the best service for bypassing various geo-blocks, and torrenting enthusiasts are encouraged to use dedicated P2P servers.
I also like the fact the VPN purchase can be completed using various cryptocurrencies, which is fitting since Stake revolves around them. It’s a shame that you can only secure up to 6 devices, but this issue can be easily solved by manually setting up NordVPN on the router.
- 3200+ servers in 65+ countries
- All servers are RAM-only
- No device limit
- Necessary tools plus some extra features
- WireGuard tunneling protocol
- Broad array of supported devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The no-logs policy hasn’t been audited
- Some additional features are paywalled
If you want even more security tools than most Stake casino VPNs can offer, subscribing to Surfshark VPN is the way to go. Besides essential features – AES-256 encryption, leak protection, a kill switch – you’ll benefit from CleanWeb, MultiHop, Camouflage mode, and more. This service has no issues unblocking any kind of restricted content as well.
Further privacy is guaranteed with the RAM-only server fleet – no hard drives are being used, so there’s no way to store user activity data. On the performance side of the hardware, connections are bound to be fast if you pick the WireGuard tunneling protocol from the available ones.
Surfshark VPN is great for securing torrenting and accessing foreign libraries of such streaming services as Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, etc. The Smart DNS function is also useful if you want to use the VPN on devices that don’t support such software natively.
You get unlimited simultaneous connections no matter which plan you go for, so you’re free to use the VPN on as many as you need. Plus, you can purchase a subscription anonymously with Bitcoin, Ether, Ripple, and many more cryptocurrency options.
3. Atlas VPN
- 750+ servers in 37+ countries
- Has a free version
- WireGuard for extra-fast speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- SafeBrowse for protected web surfing
- Can pay with cryptocurrencies
- Cannot configure it on a router
Atlas VPN is perfect for those who want a Stake gambling VPN that won’t put a dent in their pocket. Thanks to the powerful tool suite, this service will boost your security while betting money at home and on the go. The fact there’s no connection limit also means you don’t have to decide which devices are protected and which not.
Location-wise, the number of countries you can connect to is less than what other premium providers offer. Nonetheless, there are some conveniently placed servers in Canada. And since the WireGuard tunneling protocol powers everything, your Stake casino experience will be as smooth as butter.
In just a few clicks, other entertainment venues are within your grasp, and torrenting enthusiasts aren’t left out either. What’s more, the SafeSwap feature constantly rotates your IP address without disconnecting from the VPN. Useful if you want to make it harder to track you.
Bitcoin, Ripple, and Litecoin are just a few of the many cryptocurrencies you can use to pay for your subscription. The free Atlas VPN version is available to everyone who doesn’t want the premium, but it is limited. It offers only 3 servers, and the data cap is 10GB/month, which might not be enough for data-heavy online gambling games.
- 2000+ servers in 50+ countries
- Bare-metal servers for better performance
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- VIPRE antivirus
- WireGuard tunneling protocol
- Torrenting allowed on all servers
- Can’t pay for the service anonymously
- Has trouble unblocking foreign streaming libraries
Getting access to Stake in the US and other countries where it’s banned can be achieved in just a few clicks with IPVanish. There are over 50 conveniently located servers in Canada and Mexico, with alternative regions available as well. I’ve tried a couple of options here and there and didn’t experience any slower loading times than usual.
While sharing files via P2P didn’t prove to be an issue since torrenting is available in all locations, getting through streaming platform geo-blocks did. IPVanish struggled with BBC iPlayer, and accessing Netflix’s European content was a hit or miss most of the time.
Another disappointing fact is that you can’t get a subscription anonymously. It would be nice if the provider added at least a Bitcoin option sometime in the future. Other than that, at least this Stake VPN gets the job done concerning the gambling website in question.
- 200+ servers in 63+ countries
- Robust security features
- High Quality Network for great speeds
- Excels at bypassing geo-blocks
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Doesn’t support the WireGuard protocol
- Not all apps have the same features
If you need a premium Stake VPN that’s more on the cheaper side, don’t pass up on PrivateVPN. The service includes all the basic tools needed to remain hidden and be capable of bypassing restrictions. Plus, there’s Stealth VPN if you tend to use networks that block the usage of virtual private networks.
Despite not having the WireGuard tunneling protocol, PrivateVPN maintained stable connections and great performance during testing. I accessed Stake casino on the first try via Montreal, Toronto, and Mexico City servers. The network scope is on the smaller side, true, but it covers most countries where online gambling is available.
Neither torrenting nor streaming are hindered in any way, shape, or form. It is achieved thanks to PrivateVPN buying Internet capacity from IP transit providers instead of intermediaries. It results in fewer routing hops and lower latency, leading to better speeds.
The only anonymous payment option is Bitcoin, which is more than some services have to offer. I also give it extra points for the Application Guard feature, which automatically closes selected apps if the VPN stops working.
Having a serviceable amount of servers in nearby countries where Stake is available, namely Mexico and Canada, is only one part of the criteria. There are other things I took into account while testing potential providers:
- Extensive network. It guarantees you have as many servers close to you as possible, ensuring you’re not hindered by high latency. Besides that, it also increases your chances of unblocking Stake and other geo-restricted services – if one server, by chance, is blocked by the platform you want to access, simply connect to another one and try again.
- Great speeds. Pause a bit too long, and the tides might shift against you – poker is fickle as it is, and you don’t need subpar performance, making you unable to play outright. The Stake VPNs I’ve chosen did great during speed testing, keeping lag very minimal or causing none at all.
- Robust security. Online gambling is technically illegal in the United States and will land you in trouble if you’re caught engaging in it. That’s why you need the right tools to prevent your web activities from being visible or accidentally leaking if the VPN glitches. The services above include military-grade encryption, IP, WebRTC, and DNS leak protection, and a kill switch just for these reasons.
- Privacy-focused. What you’re up to in the interwebs is nobody’s business, VPN providers included. A zero-logs policy indicates that no info is being collected about you while you’re connected to the VPN. Plus, it means there’s nothing to show if the authorities issue a user data request.
- Usefulness. Of course, I’ve also considered if you can use the VPN for Stake for more than accessing this betting website. In a perfect scenario, the service can bypass even the most strict geo-blocks, allows P2P file-sharing, works with streaming services, etc. In short, useful for all online activities.
- Pick a VPN provider best suited for Stake and online gambling services in general. NordVPN excelled during various tests and unblocked Stake in numerous countries.
- Install the software on your PC or mobile device, depending on which you use for Stake. Since most providers allow using the service on several devices simultaneously, freely set up the client wherever needed.
- Make sure the kill switch is enabled, and all security features are on. Perform an IP and DNS leak test to make sure nothing is slipping past that could be used to pinpoint you.
- Pick and connect to a server where Stake is available. For the US, the best countries are Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. For the rest of the world, it’s European regions like the UK, Germany, Austria, etc. I advise doing additional research into this because as time goes on, some information in this article might become outdated.
- Open Stake, pick your poison and start betting or playing. Periodically withdraw your winnings and never deposit more money than necessary. Disconnect from the VPN once you fully close Stake.
This part is tricky because the best VPN location to bet on Stake depends on your current residence. For instance, US citizens benefit the most from connecting to neighboring countries like Canada, Brazil, Panama, Ecuador, etc.
Europeans are free to try the UK, Germany, and Lithuania, and those living in Africa or Asia should connect to Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan. To ensure your games aren’t hindered by lag, it’s best to pick servers in countries closest to you as a rule of thumb.
I also have to point out that not every Stake game is available in every country that allows this gambling website to operate. For example, Austria has a full roster of games while Croatia or Denmark can offer ¾ of them or less, depending on circumstances. It is primarily due to licensing, which I will explain in the next section.
So, Stake casino is available in a limited pool of countries. But even then, a full experience isn’t guaranteed in every one because game providers can and do further restrict where specific entertainment venues can be distributed. One of Stake’s biggest game providers is NetEnt, and it has barred several countries from having a complete roster.
Here’s a more comprehensive list of what countries you can play Stake in:
|Stake is fully available||Some Stake games are unavailable|
|Austria, Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Germany, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uraguay, Venezuela||Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Bahamas, Botswana, Belgium, Bulgaria, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guyana, Hong Kong, Italy, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Namibia, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Uganda, Yemen, Zimbabwe|
You can use a VPN to connect to any fitting country, just know that you might not be getting everything Stake has to offer. Further game restrictions are detailed on Stake’s ‘Policies’ page under ‘Providers.’ Always consult it for specifics.
Stake doesn’t offer its services in many countries, and it’s due mainly to governments banning either the platform or any form of online betting in general. If you live in a region listed below and want to participate in what Stake offers, your best option is to get a VPN subscription and connect to another location.
Stake banned countries according to the region:
|The Americas||Cuba, Curacao, the United States|
|Europe||Belarus, Czech Republic, France, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey|
|Asia and Oceania||Australia, Iran, North Korea, South Korea|
|Africa||Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Sudan|
How to play Stake in USA
- Set up the software either on your computer or phone. If you play Stake games on both, then do so on both.
- Enable the kill switch and turn on any additional security measures you think are necessary. It’s usually enough to have leak protection, but if Stealth VPN or similar tools are needed, toggle them on as well.
- Connect to a server closest to you in Canada or Mexico. The shorter the distance, the better the speeds and less potential game-breaking lag.
- Perform an IP and DNS leak test. If your actual location is not entirely hidden, you won’t be able to access the Stake website. Connect to another server if it’s leaking.
- Go to Stake’s official website, create an account, and play away. Remember that it’s real money on the line, albeit in the form of crypto, so practice safe betting.
How to play Stake in Australia
- Get a Stake VPN with a massive server fleet such as NordVPN. Most providers also tend to offer fewer server choices in Asia and Oceania, so make sure it has at least some in these regions. If not, it should have the latest tunneling protocols so that speed isn’t reduced to an extent you can’t play anything.
- Install the client on the device of your choice. Stake allows users to play through the web browser and mobile app. You’ll need dedicated PC and mobile software, respectively.
- Toggle on the essential security features and enable the kill switch. These ensure your anonymity and protect it if the VPN bugs out or the connection drops.
- Pick the nearest available server. Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore allow Stake to operate, so your best bet is to go for one of these. If you think that your internet connection is good enough, you can also try connecting to farther regions in Europe.
- Do an online leak test. You won’t be able to enter Stake unless your original location is entirely masked.
- Enter Stake and place your bets. Enjoy the various games this gambling platform has to offer.
There’s a multitude of reasons why you might not be able to access Stake even though you’re connected to a VPN server.
No need to panic since some simple troubleshooting helps find the problem and fix it most of the time.
- The website is down – try entering the website when the VPN is disabled. If nothing is loading, likely, Stake is down for maintenance or because of some service-side errors. Stake’s Twitter and other social media channels usually inform users about these.
- Chose the wrong country – you might’ve selected a region where Stake is actually unavailable. Check its stance on online gambling, then investigate whether the platform even offers its services there. And of course, connect to another suitable country.
- VPN server went down – some users simply get unlucky and pick a server that’s not working at the moment. Connecting to another one tends to fix this problem.
- IP address is leaking – if any of the settings in the VPN client got disabled, then your actual location might be visible, barring you from accessing Stake. Toggle everything on and cycle through the available tunneling protocols. Always perform a leak test before you try entering banned platforms.
- Antivirus/firewall blocking the VPN – some antivirus software and firewalls block VPN connections. Disable them and see if everything works then. If yes, turn these safety features back on and whitelist the VPN app.
- Router blocking the VPN – some routers may also block VPNs. Double-check whether all tunneling protocols are allowed and if they are not, update the router’s settings.
If none of the steps I listed above worked, try contacting your VPN provider’s customer support. Maybe there are some known issues that professional staff can inform you about or do further troubleshooting.
Besides problems on Stake’s side, the services I’ve outlined above shouldn’t cause such a fuss. They worked as intended during testing, and I was able to enter Stake on the first try in almost every instance.
In theory, I can see the appeal of free Stake VPNs – you save up some money that can later be used for betting. And I’d be up for that if ‘costless’ services didn’t do more damage than good in most cases. Here are some things I’d like to point out for those tempted by such providers:
- Most offer a severely limited server pool, 3 or even 4 at best, and these tend to be locations where Stake is unavailable, like the US
- There are strict data caps that will limit the amount of time you can spend on Stake. Plus, online games tend to be data-hungry, so you’ll use everything up very quickly.
- Despite being meant to shield you from surveillance, free providers tend to participate in user monitoring themselves. They collect personal data while you’re connected and then sell it to all kinds of third parties.
- Another well-known and still occurring practice is injecting VPN clients with malicious software. You're putting yourself in danger by willingly downloading malware, spyware, keyloggers, and viruses.
I’m not saying that ALL providers do that, though. You’ll be surprised to find, just like I was, that some services actually try to do right by their users. Some of the best free VPNs for Stake, like Atlas VPN, are backed by reputable companies and are very clear about how they operate.
Another option is cycling through VPN free trials. Most providers give potential subscribers a chance to test their services for 7 days which you can take advantage of. No one’s stopping you from signing up, using it for the duration, and then hopping on to a different VPN’s trial version.
Stake casino is a place where you can go big or go home (the latter part is metaphorical). With thousands of games and real & virtual sports betting, anyone can earn some money here, provided they have them in the form of crypto. But alas, this website’s availability is greatly limited due to online gambling laws.
If you live in the US, Australia, France, or another country where Stake can’t operate, your only way to access it is with a VPN. NordVPN, like the other best VPNs for Stake I’ve mentioned, cloaks your online identity and encrypts all internet traffic, finally granting access to this and many other betting websites.
The services are some of the fastest in the industry, meaning lag won’t ruin your experience. And since they have sizable server fleets, you’re unlikely to run out of suitable countries to connect to. Whether in the good ‘ol USA or anywhere else, you’ll be able to play Stake whenever you want.
Please let me know if you think I've left out other noteworthy VPN providers that work well with Stake. I’ll consider adding them to the list if they pass the testing.
You may also like to read:
Does Stake allow VPN?
Yes, Stake casino allows users to utilize VPNs, and there are no rules against it in the website’s Terms of Service. If you reside in a country where Stake is unavailable but still want to participate, you’re free to use this technology to bypass the restrictions.
Is Stake casino legal?
Yes, Stake is a legal betting website with an official Curaçao eGaming License. But due to licensing policies and online gambling regulations, it is not accessible everywhere. If engaging in such activities is outlawed in your country, you might get into trouble if you’re caught. That’s why I strongly advise using VPNs for Stake with strong security & anonymity measures.
What countries is Stake legal in?
Stake is legal in the UK, Canada, Italy, Philippines, Mexico, Spain, Taiwan, and several other countries. Not all games are available in every region, though, due to restrictions imposed by Stake’s game providers themselves.
What’s the best VPN for Stake?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Stake. It excels at bypassing geo-restrictions and has incredible speeds that won’t hinder your gambling sessions. The provider’s server fleet is truly massive, with location options in countries where Stake is available.