Whoer VPN: Robust Log-Free Provider
Every person has its own reasons for using a VPN. People who live in countries with advanced Internet censorship system can't imagine their lives without a VPN provider. On the other hand, VPN technology is widely used for a secure Internet connectivity.
Whatever the reasoning, a VPN is highly useful today. There are lots of providers on the market nowadays. Some of them are free others are paid.
But today I want to pay your attention to Whoer VPN. Whoer company is located in Cyprus. The service is popular among netizens from every corner of the world.
Let's see the advantages and disadvantages of this provider. Keep reading and you'll learn:
- How to get Whoer
- How to get Whoer for free
- Platforms supported by the service
- How many servers does Whoer provide?
- What encryption methods are applied
- Whoer VPN: speed test results
- Whoer VPN: is it worth using?
- Whoer.net services
- Whoer alternatives
You can get Whoer for free or pay for it. The service offers three plans:
- 1 Month Plan
- 6 Months Plan
- 1 Year Plan
The most remunerative is 1 Year Plan. It allows to save 60% of the whole price. As you can see below, Whoer supports different ways of paying: cryptocurrencies or online payment settlement systems. As to me, it is rather convenient as such paying methods are up-to-date and becoming more and more popular among Internet users nowadays.
Want to get Whoer for free? It is not a problem! Let's see how to do it!
But first let's cover the difference between paid plans and free Whoer?
Of course, there is no a VPN that provides free and paid service under the same conditions. Using Whoer for free you can't choose among 16 servers. There is only one free server, it's located in the Netherlands.
The process of getting Whoer for free is not complicated. Have a look at the steps:
1. First, click "Try VPN for free" on whoer.net. You will have to enter your e-mail address here.
2. After this step, you will receive an authorization code on your e-mail. You will need it for logging in.
3. After entering your e-mail address, you will be offered to download whoer software. It is not difficult, hardly will you face any problems. Moreover, you can see detailed steps in section "Download VPN client" on their official website.
4. Now you need to open Whoer on your device and enter the certificate key that you can find on your e-mail.
5. The last step - click "Connect" on downloaded software. That's it.
Right now you can download the client only on Windows, OS X and Linux.
Is there any mobile performance?
Unfortunately, WhoerVPN doesn't support any mobile app. However, Whoer developers are in progress of making it. Let's hope, we will be able to try it soon.
As soon as you pay for the service, you can choose among 16 servers all around the world. Whoer offers server in 16 countries: the USA, Russia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, The US, France, Ukraine, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Spain, Romania, Hong Kong, Lithuania.
As you can see the range of servers is wide. The main advantage is that Whoer has a server in the USA. It means you can easily access American paid streaming services and unblock whole possible content of such services.
Whoer is a highly secure VPN. It uses a 256-bit encryption for the traffic passed through the network. The protocol that the provider uses is OpenVPN protocol. It's considered as the most robust today. Moreover, you can download third-party software for Windows or iOS through Whoer official website.
All information mentioned above sounds good. Now let me test the VPN and see if it is fast.
Below you may see the result of the speed without a VPN connection.
I've checked the speed after connection to the free server in the Netherlands and was disappointed with the result. The VPN reduces speed too much.
OK, now let's test the VPN for IP Leak. I've connected to the same server in the Netherlands. Let's check IP.
The test is successful!
In spite of the fact that speed test was disappointing, I was satisfied with the IP Leak Test. This feature is too vital for any VPN provider.
Logs are things number one, you should check before using a VPN.
The developers ensure us that the VPN doesn't contain any information about customers, statistics and traffic are kept in secret. I recommend you to pay attention to this advantage as it is crucial.
Let's see if Whoever is a reliable VPN for surfing the Net. Let's cover its advantages and disadvantages as well.
1. No logs. I have already mentioned that Whoer doesn't keep any logs. I think every person understand how important this feature is for a safe Internet connection.
2. Amount of service. A provider has decent location coverage. You can choose a server among 16 countries. It's also a possibility to unblock Netflix or other streaming services.
3. Open VPN protocol. Whoer VPN supports the most robust protocol - OpenVPN. So, I can say for sure that this VPN is trustworthy. Moreover, the test has shown to us that there are no any IP leaks.
4. Reliable encryption. 256-bit encryption is the feature I check on all VPNs first, as privacy comes first. Of course, today almost all VPN providers support such kind of encryption, but it is better to make sure about it before using a VPN.
5. Offer user-friendly software. The interface of software is pleasant and easy to use. Mr.Whoer is a cute mascot of a VPN. You don't need to be an advanced netizen to download, install and use the software.
6. Simultaneous devices. If you live in a big family this feature may become vital for you. You should agree that it is convenient to download one software and use it on different devices at home. Whoer can give you such an opportunity.
7. Free service. This is undoubtedly the main feature for certain users. If it is not a matter of great importance for you what server to choose, a free Whoer version will be a nice choice.
7. Speed. Unfortunately, I'm not satisfied with it. Speed may become the number one reason to avoid Whoever. Especially if you're going to use it for watching films or downloading files.
8. If you like torrenting, this VPN is not a perfect choice for you. There are few P2P servers and they are usually overcrowded.
9. The lack of an Android app. It is an open secret that smartphones are popular today. Some customers are just looking for software to stay safe while travelling. Unfortunately, Whoer will fail to fulfill this task.
10. There is no information about a Kill Switch function. It is usually highly important in cases when a VPN connection drops.
Describing the pros of Whoer, it is impossible not to mention the official website of a provider. The website itself has helpful services for online activity. There are several of them but I want to cover the most useful of them.
- One of the most popular services is "My IP". You don't have to enter any information, just go to the website and you will see a lot of useful information about your Internet connection: your IP address, country, DNS, ISP and others. You will be surprised how much data can be determined via your IP only! It is also a good way to check how other websites on the Internet "see" you and what sensitive data they may use for advertisement.
2. Another helpful feature is Whois. This service shows public information about an IP address or domain. The server can provide an address of a user or a website. To get this information you just need to enter the IP address or domain name in the field, and the service will instantly display all available data about it.
There are other useful services on whoer.net. Visit this site, I think you'll find it useful.
As I have already mentioned Whoer is not the best free VPN for torrenting. It also hasn't got any application for Android.
In case Whoer is not appropriate for your aims, check out its free alternatives.
Some of these VPNs can turn out more suitable for P2P connection.
Now let's sum up all the information mentioned above.
No one can argue that one of the basic reasons why people use a VPN is a secure Internet connection. For this reason, the main question is: "Will Whoer VPN provide us with a safe connection?" The answer is: "Yes".
If we look at the characteristics of Whoer VPN, we'll be convinced that this VPN is quite robust. As for me, I can advise this provider for all people whose aim is a safe internet connection. Such features as 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN and no logging policy will contribute to your secure online activity.
Whoer will hide your IP and encrypt your data - these are the main requirements of users for a reliable VPN.
I can't but mention so helpful features of Whoer.net.
However, if you want to download software for your Android or just need a VPN for torrenting, it's better to choose other alternatives. You can find them in section "Whoer alternatives".
Thank you for reading my review, I hope the information was useful. Good luck!