The Best VPNs for Online Banking - maximum security and anonymity
Making secure payments in insecure public WiFi networks anywhere in the world and complete anonymity of transactions is easy. In this article, I will share the secrets of data protection and 100% confidentiality for online payments.
Table of contents:
- What is the best VPN for banking?
- How to use a banking VPN correctly. Step-by-step instruction.
- Best VPNs for banking
If you care about security on the Internet, you already know that in 2022, not only technologies for protecting online payments are developing, but also methods of interception of information are becoming more sophisticated.
Most often, leaks of payment card data and access to Internet banking occur for the following reasons:
- Installing malicious spyware on your computer or smartphone through phishing sites
- Interception of transmitted data in public networks
There is one universal way to reliably protect online transactions and be able to make them anywhere - installing a banking VPN with special functionality on your device.
Next, I will tell you what features the best VPN for banking should have and offer a list of 10 banking VPN services trusted by professionals.
- ExpressVPN: The most powerful and secure service with a 10-year history and an impeccable reputation. Confirmed doesn’t monitor user actions and guarantees complete confidentiality.
- NordVPN: The largest VPN service with support for double encryption technology. Uses diskless servers to guarantee 100% confidentiality. Military-grade encryption technology protects transmitted data as efficiently as possible.
- Surfshark: The most accessible service from the top 5. At the same time, it has obfuscation technology for masking VPN and Kill Switch.
- CyberGhost: Support for over 90 countries allows you to make payments with any IP addresses. Tracking protection technology additionally protects when visiting websites.
- PIA: Strong VPN with a clean history. Has significantly reduced prices in 2020. Has a good reputation with users.
- ProtonVPN: The safest of the free services. Has restrictions in the choice of countries.
- Windscribe: VPN that's trustworthy. Has traffic limitation.
- hide.me: Simple but technologically advanced service. Doesn't require sign up.
- Hotspot Shield: Only suitable if one location in Europe is enough for you.
- TunnelBear: The fastest free service. Significantly limits traffic.
The best banking VPN is capable of protecting payments in almost any environment and on any platform. It is equally simple in a modern metropolis in a coffee shop and in a country where human rights aren’t respected and there is a risk of traffic interception.
⚠️ ATTENTION! Be wary of free VPNs that aren’t pro-tested. There are still providers who provide personal data of users to third parties.
There are over two hundred active VPN services and apps in 2022. But not all of them are suitable for money transactions. The best banking VPN should have the following properties:
- Supports AES-128 or AES-256 encryption
- Using proven and secure tunneling protocols OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard or SoftEther
- Kill Switch protection
- High speed
- A good selection of locations (countries)
- Blocker for malicious sites and advertisements (desirable)
It's no exaggeration to find it difficult to choose a good VPN yourself. Most companies only write the very best descriptions for their products. They are often not true or provide too general information.
I have been using and researching VPN for over 10 years. And even with this experience, I cannot determine the quality of the service without using and testing it. Therefore, ordinary users are better off taking advantage of the experience of professionals.
This article contains links to only the most reliable and proven VPN sites.
It's easier than ever to set up a VPN to secure payments. It only takes a few clicks to do this. Moreover, it doesn’t matter from which device you access the Internet. A modern VPN service has software for any platform.
What should you do before installing a VPN?
Before you can secure your internet connection and make a bank transfer or payment, you need to make sure your computer is free of spyware or viruses.
The easiest way is to use free utilities that scan the entire system without requiring installation.
Tip: Check your computer system even if you have antivirus installed. Some spyware can bypass anti-virus protection.
I most often use the utility from the Kaspersky Lab. You can download and use the Trojan search and cleanup utility for free here.
The program will check the computer system and clean it, if necessary. After that, you can start installing the VPN.
VPN setup in 3 steps:
Step 1. Register with one of the VPN services.
All of these providers will provide reliable banking protection, but I recommend NordVPN. It works as quickly as possible and at the same time has powerful functionality out of the box.
Step 2. Download the VPN app.
You can install software on one or all of your devices. All recommended services allow you to use more than 5 devices simultaneously, and Surfshark doesn’t limit their number at all.
Step 3. Start VPN.
In the installed app, enable protection:
The app will automatically provide the most optimal route for the connection. But you can choose any country you like. This doesn’t affect the degree of protection.
Once connected, you can make payments, make bank transfers, or make any other transactions.
- Premium VPN
- Super high speed and reliability
- Proven data security
- 100% no logs
- Up to 5 devices at a time
- 94 countries
- Doesn’t support obfuscation
- No cheap plans for more than one year
If you don’t live in China, then another excellent solution for unlocking linkedin.com is the ExpressVPN premium service. It surpasses competitors in maximum connection speed and is the most confidential tool for bypassing lockouts, as it is guaranteed to not log on its servers. This is confirmed by two facts at once:
- Over the 10-year history, not a single case of issuing details of user activity is known
- ExpressVPN uses diskless servers that can’t keep logs
Therefore, if the fact that VPN apps use effective, but popular VPN protocols OpenVPN and IKEv2 aren’t critical for you, and your country or organization doesn’t use VPN blocking by footprints, then ExpressVPN will become a super reliable tool to protect and bypass bank sites blocking.
ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 5000+ servers in 59 countries
- Interactive map of locations
- Support of all OSs
- Up to 6 devices at a time
- Double VPN
- WireGuard (high-performance protocol)
- No Split Tunneling (select apps that bypass VPN)
NordVPN is ideally suited for any tasks involving circumvention of restrictions. The tests showed excellent efficiency in circumventing VPN blocking at the level of an Internet service provider and 100% protection of data transmitted through the network (testing was carried out using the technology of intercepting traffic from a real computer and analyzing it).
Recently, the service has introduced support of the fast and almost invisible WireGuard protocol, which makes NordVPN apps great for smartphones - now they practically don’t affect the operating time between charges.
NordVPN has a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- The perfect combination of price and quality
- Double protection
- Improved obfuscation (NoBorders mode)
- Automatic protocol selection for restricted networks
- Apps for all OS
- Unlimited number of the used devices
- No WireGuard support
Surfshark VPN service is rapidly gaining popularity among users that prefer a virtual network to bypass censorship related lockouts. There are at least three reasons for this:
- Advanced obfuscation, which makes the virtual private network really invisible to equipment tracking anonymizes.
- MultiHop technology (double VPN) for double protection.
- The lowest price among professional VPNs.
Testing of Surfshark confirmed 100% protection of transmitted and received data and addresses of visited sites, including banking.
Surfshark has a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- 6000+ servers in 90 countries
- Tracking protection
- 7 devices
- Traffic flow indicator
- Split Tunneling
- May increase Windows load
- Doesn’t support obfuscation
- Doesn’t support progressive protocols
CyberGhost is primarily interesting because of a large number of servers and coverage of countries in which it has VPN locations. Thanks to more than 6,000 servers, it isn’t difficult to find an unblocked IP address, connecting through which you can unlock LinkedIn in 90-99% of cases.
The tests revealed some shortcomings when working on Windows 7 and Windows 10, especially on computers and laptops not with the most powerful processors. The CyberGhost app creates a significant processor load. This increases the temperature of its work and runs out of battery faster when working on a laptop.
CyberGhost has a 45-days money-back guarantee.
- Clean reputation
- High speed
- Up to 10 devices at a time
- Many advanced features (VPN settings)
- Not suitable for streaming (if the VPN will be used not only for LinkedIn)
- Smaller country selection than in top 3
Private Internet Access (PIA) is one of the Top 5 Best VPNs for LinkedIn thanks to a policy that guarantees users complete anonymity. Also, the tests confirmed the effectiveness of all the technologies that the service uses. And this is not only standard data encryption but also sending them through the VPN channel using the state-of-the-art WireGuard protocol which is characterized by the highest performance and security.
Private Internet Access has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
It’s an open fact that such a convenient way to come to your friend’s help or buy an output placed far from your home as a bank or wire transfer can cause too many troubles to your budget if you don’t take measures for protecting your network from undesired interceptions. It’s also known that such a tool as a VPN service can save the situation and enhance your budget defense while transferring money.
The best VPN for bank transfers is to hide your true address, while giving you a possibility to choose any virtual location you wish, which is to make you able to use your ‘home’ network wherever it’s needful.
In addition, up-to-date protocols used by a secure VPN for bank transfers make all your traffic encrypted, thus inaccessible for any adversary. Therefore, you are able to make bank transfers even while using a Wi-Fi hotspot in a hotel or any other public place.
A reliable VPN service for bank transfer makes your network anonymous while keeping no logging or metadata on your online activities. Besides, when paying for the service with an anonymous method, such as crypto-currency or digital gift card you increase your chances to stay unidentified.
We hope, the best VPNs for bank transfer rating 2022 is to be of a high assistance to you while choosing the service to your liking!