Unblock US: worth for Netflix?
Hi, have you already read our recent review of TurboVPN? Yes? Still looking for a free service to unblock websites?
In this article you’ll learn about Unblock US for Netflix and other popular sites. This service is a good alternative to VPN if you want to access streaming sites from various regions.
Let’s take a deep look at Unblock US:
- What is Unblock US?
- How is it free for users?
- What platforms are supported by the service?
- From what regions can you access websites?
- Is Unblock US VPN safe?
- How to set up and use Unblock US?
- Unblock US: test results (Must-read!)
- Why to choose Unblock US
- Why to avoid Unblock US
- Alternatives to Unblock US
Here we go!
If you are looking for a free VPN, then Unlock US is not for you. It doesn’t work as a traditional VPN.
Actually, it is a DNS service that lets you access streaming websites that are geo-restricted for your region. Among the most popular websites to access with Ublock US are Netflix, Hulu and Pandora.
As it has been mentioned above, with the help of this DNS service you can bypass geo-restrictions. You are redirected via Unblock US DNS servers and hide your online identity from prying eyes. While some of VPNs fail to unblock Netflix, for instance, this app will manage to do it (and we’ll test the service on our own). Have a look at the screenshot below, to understand how Unblock US works:
Actually, it is not free if you are going to use regularly. You will have to pay about 5 dollars per month. Still, there is good news!
The provider offers a 7-day free trial for user to test Unblock US service. You are not required to provide them with your credentials. Only your e-mail is needed.
Follow these steps below to submit a free test period for yourself:
- Go to the homepage of Unblock US.
- Find ‘’Try for free’’ section there.
- Enter you e-mail address.
- Then check your inbox.
- Click the link in the letter to verify your email address.
- Then go to the website again and activate he account.
Unblock US can be configured on various types of devices working on such operating systems as Windows, Mac and iOS. Moreover, it can be used on Xbox, PS, Apple TV and others. See all the devices on which you can set up Unblock US:
I have submitted my free trial Unblock US websites and found that there is a great amount of regions to access Netflix or Hulu. All in all, there are 20 countries from which you can connect.
You just need to click he region you need and you’ll unblock the necessary version of Netflix, Hulu or Pandora.
Let me explain how it works. If you choose the USA and visit Netflix.com, you’ll open the US library. If you go through Unblock US DNS server in Brazil, for instance, the regional version of Netflix will be unblocked for you.
Have a look at the full list of available DNS servers:
As I have told you above in the post, it is not a traditional VPN service, so it doesn’t protect your internet connection or hide your geo-location. If you do IP leak test, you’ll see your real IP address.
You just get access to popular channels with Unblock US. Thus, to ensure yourself with the online protection, you’d choose a free VPN (Check our free VPN reviews).
Now I’ll tell you how to set up and take use of Unblock US software.
After you free trial is activated, you are to set up the app. That’s why…
1. Click ‘’Set it up’’ in the section about configurations (See the screenshot above in the article).
2. Then you will be redirected to the setup page. Click the link to download the app on your device.
3. After the download is finished, you will have to type your e-mail address again.
4. Then you’ll see the following message which means that Unlock US is ready to use.
5. On your computer you’ll see a green round icon. Done? The app is ready to use.
What’s the next step to do?
- Click the green round icon.
- Then press Unblock US 2.7.
- On the website choose the necessary region and click ‘’Update’’.
- Go to Netflix, for instance, and enjoy your favourite movies.
I’ve done several tests for various regions. I tried to access regional versions of Netflix.
1. Netherlands Netflix: Successful.
2. US Netflix: Successful.
3. Denmark Netflix: Successful.
4. India Netflix: Successful.
5. Norway Netflix: Successful.
6. Spain Netflix: Successful.
7. Canada Netflix: Successful.
8. Finland Netflix: Successful.
9. Ireland Netflix: Successful (After several fails).
10. UK Netflix: Successful (After several fails).
If you still want a VPN, then read our post about free VPN for Netflix.
If you want to unblock regional versions of streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Pandora).
If you need both online protection and unblocking websites, then you’d better prefer a VPN service.
Here is the list of possible alternatives to Unblock US. They are completely free VPN services:
See more in our dedicated article.
Has anything been missed? Want to know more on the issue? Feel free to leave us a comment!
Are you waiting for the next post! It will be published soon!