Best VPN for Luxembourg: do I need it in 2020
Are you in Luxembourg and not sure if you need to install VPN software there? Or going to travel and want to access the websites you usually visit at home? Maybe you live in Luxembourg, but want to learn more about internet censorship in your country? Then this article is a must-read for you!
- ExpressVPN: 5 VPN protocols to have secure connections in Luxembourg!
- NordVPN: Unbreakable double encryption for Android and other devices in Luxembourg!
- Surfshark: Robust encryption and 30-day money-back guarantee!
- CyberGhost VPN: 5900 servers in 90+ countries, 24 hours for free, Kill Switch!
- Private Internet Access: 3380 + servers in 32 countries,PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec protocols.
Got interested? Ok, let’s go to the conclusion step-by-step!
To be going on with, Luxembourg is rather interesting as regards the Internet. On the one hand, the country has a good situation with internet freedom. On the other hand, there are more near 20 EU datacenters and a few EU organizations hosting there. What does it mean?
For this reason, it is considered to be one of the strongest countries in terms of the legal control of the internet. Among the most significant law regulations, Luxembourg takes part in is ACTA (Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement). It is connected to online privacy matters.
As far as internet censorship in Luxembourg is concerned, the situation is quite good. It seems that all major popular websites aren’t blocked there. It’s worth noting that such issues as CP (you might be interested in our Guide to Protecting Children’s Privacy Online) and hate speeches are disfavoured.
So if the Internet is quite safe in this country, why to use a Luxembourg VPN service?
Let us give you some good reasons why to subscribe to a VPN. Here is the checklist of why you should use a Luxembourg VPN:
- Access Luxembourg sites when you are abroad.
If you go to any foreign country, you can face geo-location restrictions there. That’s why it can be problematic to visit those sites that you get used to having access. Among such regional sites are Chamber TV, RTL, or Luxe.tv. Thus, in case you want to unblock these kinds of sites, you will have to buy a VPN.
- Overcome internet censorship in your country.
Do you live in a country with a strict internet policy? Most of the popular websites and social networks blocked for your region? No need to worry about it! With the best VPN that has servers in Luxembourg, you will manage to bypass these obstacles.
- Become even more secure while you are on the Internet.
With such VPN protocols as OpenVPN or IPSec, you will manage to protect your internet connection. Moreover, being encrypted, your sensitive personal information will be hidden from the eyes of virtual hackers or ISPs.
Whether you are going to set up a Luxembourg VPN for Android or another device, you need to know what features to take into account to do the right choice.
We’ll suggest a quick guide to choose the best VPN Luxembourg. Here we go!
Follow the instructions below:
- Check what country is the jurisdiction of a VPN provider, whether it is a VPN-friendly country.
- Put above those VPN providers that have more VPN server locations: 20 countries and more. Moreover, check if there are any servers in Luxembourg so that you could unblock geo-restricted sites from abroad.
- A reliable VPN should encrypt the data and apply data transfer protocols, OpenVPN is preferable (Learn more in our VPN protocol guide).
- Look for the VPN compatible with multiple platforms: Windows, Android, iOS, routers, and others. It’s very convenient to use one VPN subscription for several devices.
- Taking into account the abovementioned feature, be sure your Luxembourg best VPN subscription is for several devices.
- A VPN free trial is an awesome feature to test the VPN service before subscribing for a plan.
- Search for additional security and privacy features such as kill switch, DNS or IP leak protection, split tunneling, or double VPN. All of them will add an additional level of online protection.
- Check if you can buy VPN online with a credit card only or bitcoins are accepted as well (Also see our bitcoin VPN rating).
- Finally, read experts’ reviews on the Internet to be sure you choose a trusted VPN service (See full VPN review list 2020).
Choosing a VPN provider, you should always check the following information: where is the VPN based, or in other words, what country is their jurisdiction.
So remember that you should avoid VPN providers based in:
- 5, 9 or 14 eyes countries;
- the countries with data retention laws for VPN providers.
Actually, there is a data retention law in Luxembourg, but as far as it is understood from the document, the law is not applicable to the VPN provider.
Let’s have a look if Luxembourg is on the list of 5, 9, or 14 countries. No! Luxembourg is out of that Agreement. That’s why Luxembourg based VPN service is a good choice.
Still, there is not a wide choice such VPN providers, so go to our rating of best VPN services for Luxembourg and find the one for your needs.
There is no exact answer: avoid or use. It all depends on the facts where and why you need a VPN. Free VPN can be not bad if you just need to bypass geo-restrictions in or out of Luxembourg and don’t care about online privacy. Besides, some of them don't cope with the task to hide your IP (you may prove it by checking your new IP address).
If you want your online presence to be private and protected, we’d recommend you buy a VPN subscription.
We hope the article will help you to choose the best Luxembourg VPN. See again the top list of VPN services to use in Luxembourg:
#1 ExpressVPN (Best choice!)
#4 CyberGhost VPN
#5 Private Internet Access
Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment! We’ll be glad to answer any questions you have!