WiTopia PersonalVPN Review – Inexpensive but Technologically Advanced Service
Table of Contents:
- Why do I recommend PersonalVPN?
- Pre-installed routers
- Alternatives to WiTopia
- PersonalVPN pricing
In 2005 WiTopia launched its VPN service PersonalVPN, and in 2016 it launched its secure email service SecureMyEmail. Today, I2’ve studied and tested their PersonalVPN product, which turned out to be of sufficient quality and functionality to reliably protect the Internet connection and bypass blocking/censorship.
PersonalVPN is an up-to-date efficient VPN with classic apps for major OSs and with the function to order a pre-installed VPN router for home or office.
WiTopia PersonalVPN is underrated, in my opinion. It uses technologies that allow, along with such a giant as NordVPN, to overcome censorship in China, Iran, and the UAE. But at the same time, its pricing policy is more flexible and depends not only on the duration of the subscription but also on the set of available characteristics. It saves a lot on a 1-6-month subscription, which is very rare in 2022.
Unfortunately, the provider doesn’t have a sufficient number of reviews, even though it has existed for more than 15 years. I can only rely on my own opinion, but it is generally good. I haven't found any major flaws.
The selection of countries turned out to be quite impressive, albeit more modest than ExpressVPN, with its 95 countries. Testing also confirmed strong support of Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and some other popular streaming video services.
It is difficult to find a VPN that is both very affordable at the initial trial (1-month subscription) and, at the same time, supports streaming services well, offers two pre-installed routers at once, and effectively bypasses blockages in countries where a regular VPN may not work.
I would also like to emphasize the efficiency of the support service. It really works 24/7 and doesn’t just answer questions that users themselves initiate, but also actively follows the reviews of specialists, carefully considering the objectivity of the information they provide.
I also liked the speed of PersonalVPN apps. A deeper analysis revealed two features that influenced it:
- Sufficient number of servers for load balancing.
- Improved and "fast" as it is IKEv2 protocol, featuring high connection speed (2-5 times faster than the most widespread OpenVPN).
If you care about your privacy, then you will love the fact that the provider doesn’t log activity on their servers (doesn’t keep logs). They explicitly state this on their website:
Personal VPN isn’t only suitable for data protection and location hiding, but also perfectly supports all popular streaming video sites such as Netflix, Disney +, Amazon Prime, HBO Go, and Max.
The provider will be of interest primarily to those who want to access American Netflix content and generally use American IP addresses.
Among the shortcomings - access to BBC iPlayer isn’t stable enough, and the coverage of countries for Netflix is not very broad.
All tariff plans have access to streaming servers, so I recommend you first to test support for the region you need with a monthly subscription.
PersonalVPN has a special service for those who need to organize one common secure Virtual Private Network based on a router.
By ordering one of the two models, you will be able to connect an almost unlimited number of devices without installing VPN apps on them.
Any smartphone or computer connected via WiFi or LAN to such a router automatically connects to the Internet via a VPN.
You can choose one of the pre-installed CloakBox PersonalVPN routers:
- Asus RT-AC66U B1 AC1750
- Asus AC3100 / RT-AC88U
The provider also has a separate tariff for using routers.
Despite all the advantages, PersonalVPN isn’t a premium service. It doesn’t have very many clients, not enough current reviews, there is also information that the provider may not work correctly with the Kill Switch (emergency blocking of the connection). Therefore, if you are looking for the perfect VPN for all cases, then I recommend the following services:
- ExpressVPN. Premium service with one of the largest virtual networks connecting 94 countries. Ultra-fast speeds above 100 Mbps, stable video streaming for all regions, and much more.
- NordVPN. The largest VPN in the world using the latest WireGuard protocol. Ideal for desktops and mobile devices. Works super stable for tens of days without reconnections.
- Surfshark. The most affordable of the “premiums”. Starting at $2.49 per month, you get double encryption, obfuscation, excellent streaming sites support, ad and phishing site blocker, 100% torrenting support, and more.
A good VPN should offer a pretty decent package to attract a lot of users. It is true with this reliable VPN service. PersonalVPN offers three packages:
- PersonalVPN Basic
- PersonalVPN Pro
- PersonalVPN Premier
- PersonalVPN Basic costs between $3.06 and $5.99 per month. It includes all VPN features such as 5 simultaneous connections, modern protocols (L2TP/IPsec and optimized ultra-fast IPsec with IKEv2), and many more.
- PersonalVPN Pro costs between $4.44 and $6.65 per month and supports the OpenVPN protocol. The main purpose of this plan is to bypass censorship. Also, fully customizable gateways and hidden modes with TOR technology are available with this tariff.
- PersonalVPN Premier will cost you $59.99 for 6 months. This plan is specially designed for use with a pre-installed router. However, it allows you to invite friends and colleagues and use end-to-end encryption for Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, Exchange/Office 365, and most other email addresses.
The following countries have servers for this top SSL VPN service:
The USA, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rico, Mexico, Panama, Australia, India, China, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Czech Republic, Egypt, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Germany, France, Latvia, Italy, Israel, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Norway, Netherlands, Russia, Romania, Poland, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Great Britain, and Turkey.
This VPN client has 16 servers located in the United States; 3 in Canada; 2 in the UK, Spain, Germany, Australia, and Brazil.
With Witopia VPN Secure Download, you will receive ongoing live chat support every minute of the day or night for 7 days a week and 365 days a year. You will receive a quick and detailed response to your e-mail inquiries to various departments through the contact page.
This witopia.net VPN review gives you clear information on what is good and what isn’t good about this service. It's a decent VPN service, but not exceptional. It offers the best customer service with innovative PC, Mac, and Android software.
The 30-day money-back guarantee doesn’t apply to all packages, but mostly to the Pro package. The installation guide for some isn’t up to par, and also gives unstable performance results.
It's a decent VPN, and using its professional suite is a good option.