Best VPNs to Use in Syria (2023)
In some countries, disregarding one’s Internet security can lead to falling victim to hackers and phishers. In others, a careless post can make you subject to fines or even imprisonment. Unfortunately, Syria is one of the latter ones. It is necessary to use a VPN to protect oneself there.
Syria is a country where there are strict penalties in place for those who break the Internet laws. This is a country where there are a whole lot of Internet censorships due to political instability and various other issues plaguing the country. There are plenty of news websites, video streaming services, blogs and communication services that are completely blocked in Syria. These Internet censorship laws hold good for both Syrian as well as foreign citizens. Once you are using a Syrian IP address provided by your ISP, you will not be able to access restricted websites.
To overcome all such restrictions and censorships, you can make use of a very good VPN service in Syria that will keep you private online every time you visit a website.
Table of contents:
- ExpressVPN: a unique VPN provider to bypass restrictions and forget about snooping. 3000+ servers are at your disposal on 3 devices at once.
- NordVPN: a good choice for those who strive for unlimited access to the content on the Internet thanks to a rich server park which counts over 5600 units.
- Surfshark: perfect for safe torrenting and unrestricted streaming in Syria due to servers placed in 60+ countries of the world.
- CyberGhost VPN: real anonymity can be achieved, as among payment methods one might find cryptocurrency.
- Private Internet Access: a reliable tool to make your browsing history hidden from the prying eyes and to access restricted services.
A short overview of the Internet in Syria
Syria is ranked as the third most censored country in the world. The government also has an army of hackers to keep vigil of the Internet usage by its citizens and to check out their online activities. Therefore, you need to hire the services of a reliable and reputable VPN service for Syria that assures you 99.9% online anonymity, security and privacy so that you do not get caught accessing blocked websites in Syria.
It’s very important for such countries as Syria to censor all the traffic transferring through its Internet service providers, that’s why for you being a Syrian it’s so important to stay secure while being online.
Another tactic favored by the Syrian government is shutting down the Internet altogether. Such cases number in dozens and can be carried out on a whim. If that, for some reason, does not work, then the government can sic its army of hackers on the “hostile” website and launch a cyberattack on it.
A VPN for Syria is a virtual private network that permits avoiding all censorship being imposed on the internet there and accessing all the restricted websites. The best VPN for Syria can make your virtual life free from any restrictions and safe from any interference into your privacy.
A virtual private network (VPN) for Syria will pass all your communication between your device and its servers through an encrypted tunnel so that no third parties get access to your data. Also, you will be able to access the web with a masked IP address provided by the VPN for Syria and you will have the option to choose any VPN server you want from the best VPN service for Syria list. This way it becomes totally impossible for any intruder to check what you are accessing online.
The best VPN for Syria can make your online life more protected from any adversaries’ influence, which is extremely important considering all huge problems Syria faces today. In this fragile situation Syria has appeared to be now the best VPN for Syria can become the best tool for your privacy and security while networking.
To enjoy the Internet without restrictions and worries, you need to make use of the best VPN for Syria.
Let’s look what qualities the best VPN for Syria should possess:
- the best VPN for Syria should hold a vast variety of server locations, so that you will be able to choose any server location you want and shift your IP address as if you were in that location physically while staying in your country;
- for the best VPN for Syria it’s too important to use strong encryption protocols, because, as you know, Syria follows the policy of high censorship;
- the best VPN for Syria shouldn’t deprive you from watching streaming services and downloading any quantity of information, that’s why the best VPN for Syria should have an unlimited bandwidth;
- you need to be sure in the best VPN for Syria you choose that’s why a qualitative VPN for Syria should provide you with a trial version or money-back guarantee;
- the best VPN for Syria accept different payment methods; you know that your anonymity is crucial for you while being online and it’s better to choose such anonymous payment methods as crypto-currency and digital gift cards;
- the best VPN for Syria’s app should be very easy-to-use, but even if there are some difficulties the best VPN for Syria’s 24/7 professional technical group assistance should help you with solving the problems;
- In such a manner, the best VPN for Syria should work at your security, privacy and high level of anonymity.
The following are some of the best VPN services for Syria that offer you quality VPN service for Syria.
Accessing the Internet with complete freedom in Syria is only possible through a VPN service. As the usage of the Internet is heavily monitored and censored in Syria, you will have to dig deep into the reviews of each of the VPN services to find out if they are the most suited VPNs for Syria before signing up for an account.
If you are looking to make free expression on social media and about politics in this country, then you need to do so under the cover of a reliable VPN service provider for Syria. This way your identity will be completely secure, and no government snooping agencies, even from Syria, will be able to track you down. As there are plenty of risks using the VPN, you need to take extreme care to not get caught using such services.
If you are finding it difficult to make up your mind in choosing the most suited VPN for use in Syria, then you need to choose services that offer you a host of servers, unlimited bandwidth and speed, 3 to 5 device simultaneous connections, P2P and bittorrenting, zero logging policy and self managed servers.
Five best VPNs for Syria
We have gathered a special rating "the best VPNs for Syria", which is created in order to help you with your choice. Make your right choice with us and you’ll feel the freedom of Internet life.
Characteristics of the best VPNs for Syria
|Service||Speed, Mbps||Country selection||Number of servers||Price (per month)|
- Extremely reliable
- Stands by its customers in court
- 30-day refund
ExpressVPN is the most powerful VPN in existence thanks to its diskless servers, fast speeds, and proven no-logs policy.
ExpressVPN plans and prices
|1 month||6 months||1 year|
- Kind of pricey
- Very powerful
- A lot of servers
- Diskless servers
- Double VPN
- Can be used with Tor
NordVPN is almost as powerful as ExpressVPN and, in fact, has some features not seen in the previous provider. For example, you can make entire chains of sequentially built VPN servers to maximize your protection.
|1 month||1 year||2 years|
(2022 Winter promotion)
- Cheaper than ExpressVPN
- Very cheap
- Unlimited number of devices
- Cool functionality
- Easy to use
If ExpressVPN or NordVPN are too expensive for your income, try Surfshark, as it is the cheapest good service.
Surfshark plans and prices
|1 month||6 months||2 years|
- Powerful and efficient
- User-friendly GUI
- 3 extra months for free
- Dedicated servers marked for various activities
- Strong protection
- Good in terms of the price
A nice overall service, CyberGhost VPN can become a reliable defender for any Syrian citizen or person who travels to that country.
CyberGhost VPN plans and prices
|1 month||1 year||2 years||3 years|
- Makes streaming Netflix easy
- Has powerful features
- The absolute abundance of servers
- Very powerful settings
- Connect 10 devices simultaneously
- Not too expensive
PIA increased the number of its servers last year by such an enormous margin that it outpaced all the other services with ease. It makes its speeds and security really great.
PIA plans and prices
|1 month||1 year||2 years|
- An incredible number of servers
- Suitable for people who like to fine-tune their connection
Am I safe using a VPN in Syria?
It’s always best to take as many precautions as you can. Try to get a VPN with the Obfuscation feature such as NordVPN that hides the fact you’re using a virtual private network.
Is watching geo-restricted shows legal?
It’s only unavailable because of how the copyright works. However, if you pay, for example, for a Netflix subscription, you should be fine.
Does it matter what country I choose a VPN server in?
The closer it is to Syria, the faster speeds you will generally see. Of course, the load on that server also matters.